Confessions Of A Picky Eater

Confessions Of A Picky Eater

Under no circumstances whatsoever will I eat anything that I've never tried before

26
Confessions Of A Picky Eater
lifehack.org

At this point in my life, as a college student just nearly starting her quarter-life crisis, my future husband will just need to understand that he will be cooking his own meals. I used to think that I had a broad palate, but college has definitely taught me otherwise.

Having grown up with a brother that has never even tasted mac 'n cheese, I never though that I would find myself having similar problems. Growing up, we used to hide chicken in my brother's rice to show him that the taste wasn't as bad as he thought it would be. That tactic didn't go over very well. Now that I really think about it, I would most definitely disown any of my friends if they went as far as hiding an olive in my cheese pizza.

"Why aren't you eating anything?" "Nice plate." "Aren't you hungry?" You kind of get used to answering unwanted questions. You kind of get used to telling the waiter to leave the tomatoes, onions, mustard, and other mysterious sauces off the burger, but you will always ask for extra fries. You kind of get used to skipping a meal when the chef tries a new recipe. You kind of get used to eating nothing at a friend's house, even when their parents won't stop asking.

I've never out more than pepperoni on my cheese pizza. You will never find any sauce on my pasta or spaghetti. The only type of lettuce I'll ever eat is romaine. I won't eat the parts of foods that have touched other foods, unless they were touching on purpose. I don't understand the purpose of tuna. I refuse to put cream cheese on a bagel. Guacamole is disgusting. The only thing I like about Thanksgiving dinner is mashed potatoes and gravy. I will only ever get zero stars of spice for my pad thai.

There are countless advantages to having a chef in my own house now, especially when it comes to ice cream and homemade cookies, however she will never make grilled cheese sandwiches and quesadillas the same ways as my mom. It's always an added benefit whenever I go home because I get to look forward to home cooked meals with no fear of avoiding certain foods.

Maybe one day I'll try celery, but until that day, I'll just stick to plain pasta and butter on my bagels.