Communication Is The Key To Love
relationships

Love Is The Key To Happiness, And Communication Is The Key To Love

Every single second you're alive is a perfect moment, so cherish it and use it to your advantage.

295

At some point in our lives, all of us have wanted to say something to someone but didn't say it out of fear that our relationship with that person might be affected negatively. The problem with that is the fact that keeping our feelings bottled up is detrimental to our own mental health, and believe it or not, it might affect our relationships anyway. We've all been there, staring at our phones wondering if we should write that text, or sitting at the dinner table in utter silence, wondering if we should speak up. I'm here to remind you that the answer to those questions is always YES.

Now, don't get me wrong here. You're entitled to be mad, disappointed, or annoyed, but there are ways to get your feelings across to the people in your life without having to diminish or humiliate them. If you didn't like the way someone spoke to you, tell them nicely, and make sure to do it when no one else is listening. If you share a room or a house with someone and you feel like they haven't been doing as much housework as you have, approach them and tell them that you'd like some help. If you're in a romantic relationship with someone and you haven't been spending enough time together, ask them if they can fit a date night in their busy schedule.

When dealing with problems in your personal relationships, it's very important to let those people know that you respect and love them before making any complaints. This is because they might not even know what effects their words and actions have caused in your life. Always remember that something that seems completely insignificant to you might be incredibly important to other people. However, if you're dealing with someone who is constantly tearing you down, disrespecting you, or harassing you in any way, then it's completely okay for you to cut them from your life.

This is also true for any positive affirmations or feedback. If you're grateful for someone, tell them. If you love someone, tell them. If you're proud of someone, tell them. You never know what circumstances lie ahead, or what life will throw at you in the future. It's better for you to say what's on your mind now that you have the chance to do it, than wait for the perfect moment and then regret not having done so earlier. Always remember that life is a collection of perfect moments. Every single second you're alive is a perfect moment, so cherish it and use it to your advantage.

So if something or someone popped up in your head while you were reading this, do me a favor. Pick up your phone and call them. If there's a problem between you, tell them that there's something on your mind and explain the situation in the best way that you possibly can. Apologize for the time it took you to put your thoughts into words and try to compromise. If there isn't a problem between you, then just call to tell them that you love them, that you respect them, or that they're important to you. Tell them that you'd like to see them, and set up a time and place. It's a fact that love is the key to happiness, but always keep in mind that communication is the #1 key to love.