School Supply Shopping

I’m A College Student And I Love School Supplies Shopping

You’re lying if you say you don’t love it.

14
https://unsplash.com/photos/Z2ImfOCafFk

Every single year around this time I get eager to get in my car and head to Target or Walmart (or both). Honestly, going to Target is a common occurrence for me which is great, but not so great for my bank account, but that's a whole other topic of discussion for another time. But, this time of year it's different because I go there to go school supplies shopping and I LOVE it.

I know what you're thinking, school supplies shopping? As a college student? I know. As a college student, clearly, my school supplies list each year is rather short. Honestly, at this point, it's just notebooks, pens and pencils, highlighters, etc. Nothing too crazy at all.

But there's something so great to me about getting new school supplies that excites me so much. Sure, I don't get to pick out cool new markers or crayons, but I still walk down those aisles on the way to get my (color coordinated) notebooks.

I don't know if it's because getting new school supplies makes me feel organized, and therefore makes me feel like I have my life together, and therefore makes me confident about the upcoming semester, or what. But it makes me so happy and I love it so much.

Being organized for school, in general, has always made me feel good. Even if I'm not perfect and don't get straight A's all the time, I definitely feel more confident when I take the time to be organized and have everything figured out and lined up.

And this works out well in terms of school supplies because they can be used as a tool to accomplish that - even if it's on a small scale.

As silly as it may sound to some, having new notebooks that I like helps me so much. I love it. I usually pick a different color for each class and do it that way. And then I always make sure to get a new planner that I get obsessed with, and it's a done deal after that. I honestly feel like this is something that helps me succeed as a student, in general.

Not saying it's the magic to getting good grades, but it sure as heck boosts my confidence and attitude toward school. Isn't that the weirdest thing?

I know I'm a college student, and I don't need or really want the “fun" school supplies anymore, but I absolutely still love doing the shopping anyway.