College dance formals

College Campuses Should Have More Formal Dances Because A College Prom Would Be Epic

BRING BACK THE PROM!

1391
https://unsplash.com/photos/fvL1QAugjLw
https://unsplash.com/photos/fvL1QAugjLw

Do you ever wish you could redo high school? Okay, maybe you don't want to redo ALL of it, but there are certainly some things about it you would change if you could?

Do you ever flip nostalgically though old yearbook prom photos and think to yourself, 'Man I look so awkward. I wish I could redo these prom pictures'?

Honestly, don't we all?

Once we graduate high school and move onto the brave new frontier of college, we learn how to be more aware in class, how to write papers well, how to dress better, and how to become a good citizen in general. We get the chance to meet a ton of new people, experience crazy and life-changing events, intern at companies in our job field, and all these wonderful things we didn't get the chance to do in high school.

One thing we won't get to do, however, is relive those prom pictures, and I, for one, think it's a shame.

College campuses generally have a formal dance, maybe once a year, because of all the other activities going on at a busy university- athletics, competitions, award ceremonies, speakers, concerts, graduations, and the list goes on.

Coming from the girl who wore the stereotypical neon, bedazzled front, high-low dress to her first prom, college campuses need to start giving back to those of us who were robbed, by our own poor fashion sense, less-than-desirable makeup skills, and lack of transportation, of a quality prom experience.

College is the last chance we will get to be kids and go to formal dances like this unless we're planning on getting famous.

We know how to dress now. No more bright salmon-colored dresses with fake jewels lining the whole front. No more shoes we bought because "they're so shiny!" and couldn't wear past 5 minutes on prom night. Going to college, however, has taught us a few things about what works and what doesn't. Give us another chance at the dresses!

We know how to look now. No more un-blended, black eyeshadow that attempts to look like a smoky eye. No more over-lined lips that make us actually resemble a duck. By this time, we've watched a few more makeup tutorial videos and gotten a few more years of experience under our belts. Let us use it!

We've got our squads now. Sure, we had awesome friends in high school who we went to prom with, and many of us had a good time. However, high school buddies come nowhere close to college roomies who share everything, friends with our major who are in all the same classes, the person we met outside a campus restaurant who became the love of our life, and the pals we've met on road trips, adventures, and just in striking up conversation who became our best friends. Give us the chance to spend prom with those people!

We've got our final four years now. High school and the memories that came with it are over... but come on, prom in college would be epic. Let's bring it back one last time.