As A Christian Woman, I Understand Why Hannah Kept Luke

As A Christian Woman, I Understand Why Hannah Kept Luke, Even If I Don't Agree With Her

*Chris Harrison voice*: Last week on "The Bachelorette..."

514
ABC

This past week (along with basically every single week so far on Hannah's season of "The Bachelorette,") Hannah made the unpopular opinion of giving Luke P. yet another shot to compete for the final rose. Every fan on Twitter, including myself, could not have been more disappointed.

In all honesty, no one is the biggest fan of Luke, but I understand why Hannah continues to give him second chances.

In a recent interview, Chris Harrison shared "faith was what brought [Hannah and Luke] together." The two bonded over sharing testimonies and what they thought of select scriptures. If it were not for his blatant hostility toward the other contestants, he might even have a few fans out there.

But why has Hannah kept him around this long?

Everyone has their non-negotiable qualities when looking for the right person to be with. For many, these qualities surround his or her faith. I know they do for me.

Hannah is not oblivious to what is going on with Luke's irrational behavior towards the other guys; however, she has been in his position before, and she knows that this competition has the power to bring the worst out in people. Even when he is said to be at his worst, she finds a way to see the good in him, a side of him others attested to in this week's hometown date.

There is good in Luke. It just disappears when he is put under pressure.

Most would agree that being put under pressure brings out a person's true character. I think this "bad Luke" everyone has seen on the show, but the one his family and friends are oblivious to, reveals how he will eventually act when the hard times roll around.

Even so, I know why Hannah still believes he could be the right guy for her. It's because they share something near and dear to her heart, her faith, and she thinks the shared quality is all she needs.

In most cases, I would agree with her. When God wants something to happen, nothing can stop Him. But in Luke's case, he has problems with hypocrisy I think he should deal with as a single before pursuing a relationship, especially one with as much drama as a Televised dating competition.

In the weeks to come, I think Hannah will eventually say goodbye to the infamous Luke P. As for now, I'll try not to yell every time he appears on my screen.