Change your thoughts and the rest of your life will change with it.

19

You are what you attract, a simple phrase many of us hear quite a bit. As much as you don't want it to be true, it is. The things you do, the thoughts you have, the people you hang out with on a daily basis. It was all attracted to you because of the things you do and the way you do them. If you want to be successful you need to surround yourself with successful people, and have the mindset to accomplish the achievements you imagine. Before I finally let myself believe this, I was working the same 40 hour a week job and I got tired of it. I thought to myself, how do I work this hard and continually sit in the same position that I have been stuck in? Because everything I was doing was for everyone else, and not myself. I was working to earn money for myself, but everything I did there was to help other people. Even in my free time or days off I was bending over backwards to help other people. I was undeniably unhappy, I had no time to do the things that made me more content. Yes the feeling was nice to help other people, but I wasn't doing what I knew I needed to do; and once I did things started to change. The attitude I was having was a service to everyone, therefore I attracted people that I would grow, but not grow myself. The craziest part about this is, the day that I made the decision that I'm going to focus more on myself, the people I needed in my life started with a Facebook friend request. He talked to me about a business called Wakaya, at first I was skeptical; thinking "alright who is this guy and why is he telling me about this?". I told him I would think about it, and the more I thought, him and this company was the solution to my problems. This guy by the name of Payton and his partner, Tycen, have helped me start paving the path to who I want to be. Not who everyone else wants me to be, or what other people made of me. Simply changing who I associated myself with has made the biggest difference in my life. Instead of me growing others and adding nothing to myself, I can now do both. I have built sensational relationships with people and everything I never thought possible is now within reach. One of the largest struggles I was having was with my depression and anxiety, which I have been battling since I was 15 years old. All I ever wanted was to be happy, something everyone strives for, and so many people I was around made it seem to me that it was easy to attain. I will never forget thinking to myself "What is wrong with me? Why can't I be happy?". I finally understand that the reason I was so unhappy was because that's the people that I was attracting, the ones that were going to make me unhappy and I was content with that. I now realize that I am deserving and capable of achieving so much more than I was settling for. Since I started associating myself with Tycen and Payton two weeks ago, I have not touched my medications for the disorders that controlled me for the past three years; and that's something that I haven't been able to say for over two years. The things that have changed and became possible for me are things I never thought possible. I wake up everyday to a life that I'm happy to live and excited to see what it brings. Just because I changed my thoughts. Change yours too and you will thank yourself. Life is a gift that is given to you to exceed the expectations of yourself and others, don't waste it.