5 Teens We Should Be Talking About Instead Of 'Cash Me Ousside'

I'm tired of hearing about this girl.
10

I'm sure we've all heard of, seen, or at least have caught a glimpse of the "Cash Me Ousside" girl, otherwise known as Danielle Bregoli. If you haven't heard of her, I'll give you a little bit of background information. Danielle, age 13, appeared on Dr. Phil with her very concerned mother. She was blatantly rude on the show, and it was clear that she had no other concerns in her life besides herself. A normal 13-year-old is normally concerned with middle school drama, caught up in who likes who or what grade they're going to receive in pre-algebra. Danielle is concerned with what's happening at the most popular nightclub in the area. School is the last thing on her mind -- she isn't even thinking about going to high school. The teen quickly gained a social media platform, with the number of her Instagram followers rapidly increasing by the day. She made a fool of herself on national television, yet we praised her for her ridiculous actions. My problem with this whole ordeal is the fact that we, as a country, are giving an insane amount of attention to someone who is undeserving of it. There are plenty of intelligent, charitable, and inventive people who deserve recognition, but instead, we are choosing to idolize a girl who could care less about the world we live in. With that, here are a few teens we should be focusing on instead of Danielle Bregoli.

1. Moziah Bridges, age 15.

Moziah created a $200,000-a-year company called Mo's Bows, supplying bow ties to the 2015 NBA draft. Incredible.

2. Ashima Shiraish, age 15.

Ashima completed Spain’s “Open Your Mind Direct” rock-climbing route, which is one of the most difficult rock climbing courses in the world. She was the youngest person and the first woman to ever do so. YGG.

3. Chloe Kim, age 16.

She's the youngest person ever to win gold at the Winter X-Games. Is she the future of snowboarding? I think so.

4. Flynn McGarry, age 18.

A culinary sensation, Flynn owns his own restaurant in Manhattan and is in high demand for his service. I'll make my reservation now.

5. Kiara Nirgin, age 16.

Kiara invented a superabsorbent polymer (from avocados and oranges) that can be sprinkled over dirt in order have the dirt retain massive amounts of water, which is useful in areas where there is constant drought.

These are only five of thousands of incredible teenagers who don't get the recognition they deserve. I could name a hundred more people, but I'll let you do that research on your own and surprise yourself. Continue to support those who deserve the support.

Information on above teens found here.