Carrie Fisher's Best In "When Harry Met Sally"

Yeah, she will always be Princess Leia, but I'll always love her as Marie in When Harry Met Sally

107
Pop Sugar

What a week, huh? Well, actually, what a year. Mourning the losses of Prince, Zsa Zsa, George Michael, David Bowie, Muhammed Ali, and Debbie Reynolds, it's time we kiss 2016 goodbye.

Last week we lost Carrie Fisher, a great actress that is known for her role as Princess Leia in Star Wars. Not only did she play the great galaxy princess, but she also had a role as the best single friend in the 1990 film "When Harry Met Sally."

If anyone knows me then you know that "When Harry Met Sally" is my FAVORITE movie in the entire world. Harry (Billy Crystal) and Sally (Men Ryan) are two friends with a great life in New York City, great vintage fashion and hilarious jokes and quotes that are timeless.

Carrie Fisher plays Marie, the epitome of the single girl in New York. She has men after men listed in her rolodex, some listed as married, that she keeps with her at all times. She says the quote that sticks with women everywhere, "The right man for you might be out there right now and if you don't grab him, someone else will. And you'll have to spend the rest of your life knowing that someone else is married to your husband."

Fisher spends most of the movie as the girl that is "a magnet for unattainable men" also known as, a woman who is in love with married men. After accidentally getting set up with Harry's best friend Jess, Marie is head over heels in love. With their relationship being cuter than the main couple in the story, she proves at the end of the movie that there is someone out there for everyone -even if you have given up all hope.

Sure, Carrie Fisher will always be Princess Leia, but she will always be Marie with the puffy shouldered wedding dress to me in "When Harry Met Sally."