Cancer: A Horrible Disease

Cancer: A Horrible Disease

Cancer claims many lives every year, and it is devastating.
14

Cancer is a disease in which abnormal cells divide uncontrollably and destroy body tissue. There are various types including breast cancer, prostate cancer, colon cancer, lung cancer, etc. Many people have developed cancer, some have beat it and some, unfortunately, have not. It not only affects the individual who has it, but it affects their families and friends as well.

Children and adults develop this and go through extensive treatments to help them destroy the cancer cells that are spreading. This is absolutely something that should not be taken lightly. It is a devastating disease that continues to claim lives. More and more research is being done to create a cure for this disease, to help all the patients go home to their families and friends and spend time with them. Not one person wants to spend their life in a hospital.

Recently, I went to Janet Weis Children’s Hospital in Danville, PA. Walking into the hospital made me sad to think that the children in there don’t understand what is happening to them, they just know they are really sick. I walked in there to see if there was a way for me to help raise money to find a cure. About ten minutes later, a woman came up to the floor to meet me. Unfortunately, she was relatively new, so she wasn’t sure if I was able to. She gave me contact information of people that would know more about that, so I could call and ask them.

We don’t ask to have it, nor do we wish it upon people. It affects everyone in different ways, especially when the doctors tell them that they only have a certain amount of time to live. It really puts a damper on their mood. Like it was said earlier in the article, cancer not only affects the individual, but it affects their families and friends as well.