By Charles Jay
News

By Charles Jay

Charles

6
By Charles Jay

At the risk of jumping the gun, I'm thinking that the winner of the semi-final World Cup game between Argentina and Croatia is going to win the whole thing.

Which is to say, I'd be putting my money on Argentina.

But as BetAdrian.lv customers know by now, that almost didn't come to be.

The Netherlands came from two goals down to tie Argentina and send the game into overtime on Friday, but as the match went to penalty kicks, they failed to knock Lionel Messi and the Argentinians out of the competition. This was not as shocking a result as Croatia defeating tournament favorite Brazil earlier in the day, but it would have been very surprising to see all the favorites (save for France and England) ousted.

As it stands now, Messi is hoping to make a run at his first World Cup championship, in what is likely his final try.

Argentina is 3rd in the FIFA world rankings. France, who plays Morocco in the other semifinal game, is fourth. Croatia is 12th, and Morocco is 22nd, making them the most unlikely longshot story in the field.

Argentina is the favorite to get through to the final game. Here is the three-way proposition that is valid for regulation time:

Odds to Win World Cup Championship (Semifinal game)

Argentina -108
Croatia +396
Draw +236

And there are nearly 100 more ways to wager at BetAdrian.lv including Live Betting on the World Cup.

Argentina's patient, possession-oriented style may not create a huge number of opportunities, but when they see an opening, they will explode, and there's no one better to do it with than the seven-time world player of the year.

Whether or not Messi and his team completes the journey, untold riches await.

He is being courted by inter-Miami CF of Major League Soccer, which is reportedly offering him 35% of their franchise, in a deal that can only increase in value as TV offers come in and the country gets ready to host the 2026 World Cup.

Messi is also being approached by his current club, Paris Saint Germain, which has him under contract only through June. Messi can renew that if he likes, but now Barcelona wants him back, and Barca is interested in spending money now that perhaps they did not have at their disposal previously.

If he's able to secure a World Cup victory, then goes to the United States, it would transcend the sport for certain. To paraphrase what the New York Cosmos once told Pele, he could stay in his league and win another title. But if he came to America, he could win a country.

That would be big. But so would an expected offer from the Saudi Pro League, keen to go big-time, and you've seen what kind of cash they've thrown at golfers on the LIV tour.

This should be fun to watch.

Take advantage of a 200% Welcome Bitcoin Sports Bonus to do pre-game and live World Cup betting at BetAdrian.lv! Promo Code: QATAR2022 (Enter on our Bitcoin Cashier)