To My Brother As He Graduates High School

Good luck in your future, I know you will do great things!

19
Me

You just graduated and I am more than proud. I know that high school hasn't been the best four years of your life, they weren't for me either. But these next years, as you are going through college, will be. I didn't think I'd meet many people, and I was right about that. I've only met two people in college that I consider being my friends. That's okay though because life is not about how many friends you have. The first two years of college were so much fun because I actually did things and didn't really worry about money that much. I just did what I wanted to do and knew that eventually, I'd make the money up

Don't worry if you decide to change your major. I did many times before I found the one that I really liked. I don't think you will though because criminal justice has been something that you've wanted to do for a really long time. And I have no doubt that you will be the best police officer ever. You are my little brother and I don't want anything bad to happen to you and with the career choice that you have made, it makes me scared. The police force is a very scary profession to go into but I'm sure you will be fine and I shouldn't be worried.

As you enter college, just know that I will always be there for you, even if we will be four hours apart and on opposite ends of the state. I wish you would have picked a closer to school to me so that I could visit you more often but you choose the school that you always wanted to go to and that's more important than seeing me I guess. I shouldn't have to worry about us talking because we already text every day and we already have skype set up. I also have some plans to come down and visit you when I'm not busy.

With you now a High School graduate, it makes me feel old. I feel like just the other day I graduated but that was two years ago. And now to think that you are graduated, it's unbelievable. You have done so much throughout high school, more than I ever did and I give you credit for that. With being in Academic Decathlon for three out of the four years, participating in golf all four years, and taking part in the pit band for plays. You have done so much. You make me proud to be your sister and I think you showed me up. It's always said that the younger sibling will have a harder time in school because they have to live up to the standards that the older one set. Well, I didn't set the standards very high and you sure did pass me up with your success.

Keep on drumming and live out your dreams. Don't worry about the money at this point in your life, because you have your whole life ahead of you to make it all up. Oh, and please don't just eat ramen and pop tarts while in college, eat some decent food even if it costs more than you want to spend.

I love you!