The Importance of Self Love

The Importance of Self Love

Let's Bring Back the Love

31
The Importance of Self Love
Evolving Wisdom

Let's bring back self love. Something I think us as millennials have lost. The idea of loving yourself. When was the last time you were proud of yourself? when was the last time you gave yourself a compliment, and did not wait for someone else to compliment you. When was the last time you believed in yourself, or said that you loved yourself? Egotism goes to a certain degree, but self-love, that is something we can promote easily. It is 3 words you can tell yourself: I love me. It is that simple. So why don't we?

Key question is why don't we? what are we afraid of? There are certain companies like Dove who have done campaigns all about promoting self love and showing every kind of women, different sizes, different skin colors, and different ethnicities. But is that enough? I don't think so. I think as a society we think things should be a certain way when in reality that is not true. So let's bring back self love. Let's bring back something we lost. Because loving yourself is important. It is making yourself a priority. It is bringing up your personal self-esteem. And the ability to love yourself, is the ability to love others, truly. And in a world with negativity surrounding us, whether it be the news and media outlets, etc., we could use all the self promoted love we can get.

There is importance to self love. Self love is about advocating for yourself. Not in an egotistical sense, but in a healthy sense. It is about he importance of self love in a world where we are never good enough. Key word, never good enough. In a world that holds us to standards, and some so high that realistically cannot be accomplished. Self love is about promoting what it is you love about yourself. Not about what you are supposed to love in yourself or how you are supposed to be/look/act.

So next time your feeling down, maybe insecure and not sure why. Try to tell yourself one thing that you love about yourself. One thing that makes you happy that you do. Say it out loud. Let's bring back the love!