I don't know if it's just me, but August always seems to go by at hyper-speed. This year was no exception: one moment it was quiet and miserably hot on campus, and the next I was standing in a crowded dining hall, and I survived wearing jeans. The latter was just yesterday! I have to say I'm thrilled, and not just because I can start wearing the other 70 percent of my wardrobe now that the weather's chilling out. I always feel happy when I see all the familiar faces showing up around campus again because it means that I'll have easy access to all of my friends for, like, nine months. Sure, I'll have to get readjusted to the flurry of reading and writing assignments, and sure, I'll immediately start stressing about all of the big senior projects I'll commence work on in a few weeks, and sure, I'll be freaking out for the next year about what the heck I'm supposed to do once I graduate, and -- y'know, I'm gonna stop talking about that part. The point is that I'm starting my senior year of college and, from where I'm standing, it looks like it's going to be a year of fun experiences with some of the best people I've had the pleasure of knowing, and that I can look back on this time next summer to say, "Dang, I did that. And, dang, I'm proud."