My Word Of The Year: Breathe

My Word Of The Year: Breathe

Often times in my life I do not stop and slow down. This year I will remind myself to breathe.

122
My Word Of The Year: Breathe

January is typically a time for people to make their resolutions and then break them shortly after. This year, as much as I want to promise myself that I will lose weight, exercise, and not procrastinate, I know that I will most likely end up breaking those promises. Instead, I have decided to do a word for the year. I like the word for the year idea a lot. It is an easier way to hold yourself accountable in the new year. I first learned about this in a small group I had, then I saw it again on the Kelly Clarkson show. So now I will do it.

My word for the year did not come as easily as I had hoped it would. I sat and thought about it for a long time and I eventually chose mine; breathe. The reason being because I am always going, and never stop or slow down. I forget to just take a moment to breathe and admire the world around me. I never live in the present. I am always worried about the future or wishing I could change the past. I never just sit and think about all the reasons my life and the world around me is actually pretty great. I am always anxious about everything and work myself up, so the perfect word for me was breathe. Breathing is something that is so simple we do it all the time. It is what we need to do in order to survive. However, it is always one of the biggest things at least I forget to do.

From now on, whenever I am stressing over things I cannot control I will choose to take a moment to breathe.