Just Breathe

Just Breathe

Stop what you're doing, calm down, walk away for a second, and just breathe.

14
Just Breathe

Do you ever have those moments where you get overwhelmed and feel like there is a weight sitting on your chest? Do you ever feel like your world is crashing down on you? Do you ever just want to quit trying because you feel like you will never come out on the other side and you will always be stuck where you are? Just breathe. In those moments of anxiety or stress or worry, just breathe. In those moments of being the most overwhelmed you have ever been up to that point, just breathe.

One of the healthiest things you can do in a high-stress situation is breathe. Breathing calms you down and brings you back to a place of clear thinking. Breathing has always helped me to clear my mind and remember that everything is going to be okay. I have had many moments of pure stress and have had to bring myself back to reality by just breathing and taking a step away. I know breathing does not sound like it will help, and in the moment it may not feel like it will help, but once your nerves have calmed down and you have calmed down, you will realize that it indeed does help.

Something you should ask yourself next time you begin to question whether or not you should stop and breathe is, "will this stress fix anything?". "Will this anxiety fix anything?" "Will me worrying fix anything?" If the answer is no, try breathing. Try taking a break and coming back to it in a few minutes. What will it hurt to try something new? The stress and anxiety are not worth it. The worry is not worth it. Finding a solution to the problem of your stress, worry, and anxiety is most definitely worth it.

From someone who has lived a lot of her life as a stress ball, breathing helps. It does a lot more good than you realize.