Brady vs Jordan best debate

3 Major Reasons Why Jordan Beats Brady In The Debate For Who Is The Real G.O.A.T.

After winning his 6th Super Bowl ring, Tom Brady cemented his name as the greatest player in the history of the NFL, but is he the greatest GOAT of all time?

1099

When it comes to the four major North American sports who actually is the all-time G.O.A.T.?

While Jordan has six NBA Finals wins in an 8-year span. Tom Brady has put up consistent numbers in one of the most physically demanding sports in the world while winning 6 Super Bowls in nine appearances in the Big Game. While both make a compelling case the answer may be more clear than you think.

This past Superbowl Sunday we saw one of sports greatest athlete take home his sixth Super Bowl ring. Yes, I'm talking about Thomas Edward Patrick Brady. But is Brady the all-time greatest of all time (G.O.A.T.)?

When talking about the four major sports leagues in North America, NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, there are two G.O.A.T.s that people will mention, Tom Brady, and Michael Jordan, with that being said, who is the all-time GOAT, Brady or Jordan? Well, it's not even close, Michael Jordan is the all-time G.O.A.T. for three main reasons.

1. Jordan played both offense and defense

@michaeljordan23

The first reason is that Jordan had to play both offense and defense, so if the performance of his team wasn't great, he couldn't have a scapegoat to use, whereas Brady had a dominant Super Bowl LII, but his defense left him down, as they lost to the Philadelphia Eagles. Jordan was one of the most prolific scorers in the NBA during his time with the Chicago Bulls, while he didn't have an elite defense, ask Allen Iverson, his defense was good enough where his offense could make up for it.

2. Jordan was a multidimensional player

@michaeljordan23

Which leads into the second point, Jordan was a multidimensional player when in the game, while Brady is head and shoulders above anyone as the greatest football players ever, Brady is a one-dimensional player, which to be honest has led to his longevity, but Brady can only pass in the pocket. We saw that on display in Super Bowl XLII, XLVI, and LIII, Jordan was a multidimensional player who, much another G.O.A.T. in basketball, LeBron James was able to make the players around him better, he was able to influence the game by his presence in the game, while Jordan did have some key pieces to his arsenal while he was playing like, Scottie Pippen, and Dennis Rodman, he was still the leader of the team, and when his teammates needed it most, he took control of the game.

3. Jordan triumphs the postseason and the championship

@michaeljordan23

The third reason why Jordan is the all-time G.O.A.T. is because of his dominance when it came down to the postseason, and more specifically the championship. Some people, including Brady, have a clutch gene, where, when the money is on the line they can step up for their team and take it the game into their hands. In a time period of 8 years, Jordan's Chicago Bulls were able to win 6 NBA Championships, arguably one of the greatest runs in sports history. When the money was on the line, like in Game 6 of the 1998 NBA Finals, where Jordan shot a buzzer beater shot to win the NBA Championship, proving that when the money is on the line, Jordan has ice water running through his veins. Brady has been clutch but there have been performances where he has been bailed out by, bad play calling, great defensive play. In two of Brady's Super Bowl losses (XLII, XLVI) we have seen where he can't be bailed out by his team, costing Brady a chance at more rings.

While Tom Brady is one of the greatest players in the history of the NFL, he isn't the greatest GOAT of all time, that distinction goes to Michael Jordan, who's played on both offense and defense, being a multi-dimensional athlete, and ability to close out games in the clutch, makes him the greatest GOAT of all time.