To My Boyfriend's Sisters, Thanks For Making Him The Man He Is Today

And your mother deserves a gold star for being able to handle all of you and your shenanigans, too.

459
Casey Whoolery-Pratt

It's no secret my boyfriend's family consists of a lot of things: siblings, love, and big hearts all around. However, what has been a secret is the amount of appreciation I have for his entire family.

Especially his sisters.

My significant other wouldn't be the same without all six of their help, personalities, age differences, and love. So this one goes out to them and any other person who feels the same about the s/o's family.

Thank you for making him just the right amount of sensitive.

One thing I love the most about him is that he knows its okay to hurt sometimes, and expressing his pain with me is more than okay, it is important. When I am upset I can trust his understanding and comfort will always be there, because I know he puts himself in my shoes. I feel as though sensitivity makes you a better parent, too.

Thank you for making him tough.

Even though he can be sensitive, the majority of the time he is the most strong-willed person I have ever met. He knows when the moment is right to express his feelings but also knows when the right time to be fierce is, too. Everyone thinks a household of boys makes a man strong, but after how strong and independent these women in his life are, makes me realize he gets his strength from them.

Thank you for showing him how to treat women.

From day one, he has done nothing but showers me with the “little things.” Sure, he buys me flowers, breakfast, and candy when I least expect it, but it’s the things people don’t see that counts the most. Expressing his feelings towards me, praising me for my most proud moments, respecting me and my wishes, and having pride in our relationship tells me he has an amazing support system behind him who has taught him all of that.

Thank you for teaching him how to be a great uncle and someday, dad.

With six sisters, that means a lot of nieces and nephews. Thank you for letting him be there for them and love them unconditionally. If there is anything he loves more, its family, and you allow him to be that role model for them is truly amazing. His closeness with your children has built a strong quality of love that will someday be shared with our own kids someday.

And lastly, thank you for accepting me and encouraging the love we have.

Knowing that out of all of the girls he had previously dated in the past, I was the first one that he brought home to meet his family meant two things: Number one, that I meant something to him. Number two, his family must be really intense. But the intensity wasn’t the case, it was almost like being welcomed into the family for the first. And since that day all six of you have done nothing but welcome me with open arms and treated me with kindness and love. More importantly, being so supportive of our relationship and our future.

You all don’t realize how much of an impact you have on him, but also me, too. Thank you for all of the amazing things you have done to help raise him to be the most strong, but sensitive, respectful and loving man you could ever possibly meet. And your mother deserves a gold star for being able to handle all of you and your shenanigans, too.