To My Boyfriend, Thank You For Putting Up With My Crazy

If your significant other can't handle you at your worst, they don't deserve you at your best.

130
Personal Photo

There comes a point in relationships where you and your partner are so comfortable with each other that almost anything goes. It could be months down the line or even years, but the fact of the matter is, you've seen all there is to see and heard all there is to hear. That being said, this in no means excuses any behavior, but you can expect your partner to be more understanding.

An important thought to keep in mind is that you should never take your partner for granted. So here I am, writing a thank you letter to my boyfriend, for having put up with so much more than he needed to for the last couple of years.

Thank you for never getting mad when I can't decide on where/what to eat. 

Even when it's been over an hour and I still just don't know.

Thank you for always talking on the phone with me, whether it's five minutes of three hours.

Even when I call you at inopportune times, and even though you're not a big phone conversation type of guy.

Thank you for waking up in the middle of the night to hang out with me if I can't fall asleep.

And for getting mad at me the next day when you realize that I never woke you up.

Thank you for letting me steal your clothes.

Whether it's a shirt, some boxers, or a pair of socks.

Thank you for always cooking breakfast for me, even though you don't eat breakfast.

... Food is always better when you don't have to cook it yourself (but even more so when you cook it).

Thank you for always surprising me with snacks/candy that you know I'd never allow myself to buy.

From spicy snacks, that you don't even like, to loads and loads of chocolate.

Thank you for grocery shopping with me in mind so that I always have something to eat at your place.

You feed me more than I feed myself.

Thank you for always making sure my phone is charged because you know how much I hate it when my phone dies.

Even if it means that you don't charge your phone for the night.

Thank you for watching my "kid" shows with me, like "Kim Possible."

Okay but... you know you like my "kid" shows.

Thank you for always letting me have aux, even when I replay one song 10 times.

And eventually screaming the lyrics with me.

Thank you for never resenting me, no matter what I do.

Even when I yell at you for no reason.