You Don't Owe ANYTHING To The Boy You're 'Talking To'

He doesn't deserve those privileges yet.

188
Britttten Instagram

"I'm sorry, what did you just say? Wait, hold on a minute. I thought you guys aren't even dating?"

"No, we're not dating but you know, we're talking."

This is a wake-up call to the girls who are giving boys privileges that should only belong in a relationship. Unless you are in an official (both of you are aware and committed) relationship, you don't owe your significant other or your crush ANYTHING.

So yes, you have permission to 'ghost' that boy who you are currently talking to.

Hello! I see no commitment and there's no ring on your finger. So why do you feel like you need to text him back?

He doesn't own you and he certainly has no rights to control you, so make your own decisions. You don't need to run anything by him because you have not agreed to walk through life together yet.

So, no more feeling guilty, because you can say NO. You don't have to surrender yourself to his opinions on what you do in your free time, what he wants to do with your body, or to the games he may play with your heart.

Until you've decided to take that next step together, YOU'RE STILL SINGLE. Live your life. Do what YOU want to do. If it's meant to happen, you will cross paths, I promise.

You don't owe the person you're 'talking to' a text or Snapchat back, you don't owe him a free lunch, you don't owe him your time, and you don't owe him your body.

I'm not saying you need to play hard to get, but I am encouraging you to recognize your independence and freedom.

Life's too short not to live in the moment. Until it's official, it's not official. And if things don't seem to be working out, you absolutely have the authority to say BOY BYEEEE.