Even babies born as late as 1999 (like me) feel fortunate enough to have grown up in a generation without excessive technology. Life was much simpler but we had some pretty awesome toys, movies, and games. If you grew up in a generation before all this technology, I hope you enjoy this trip down memory lane.
1. Gamecube video games
Growing up in the 2000s, kids would prefer competition in Mario Kart with others rather than playing Candy Crush on an iPad.
2. Silly Bandz
We have our parents to thank for giving in to our constant begging to buy us the newest shapes. Now you can get a pack for only $5 on Amazon! Who knows, maybe this trend will come back?
If you have extra time on your hands, check out the Webkinz website! A lot of stuff still remains the same and it's fun to reminisce.
5. Board games
Operation, candy land, chutes and ladders, don't break the ice, the game of life, connect four: just to name a few.
6. Disney Channel and Nickelodeon TV shows
You can bet that every 90s baby daydreamed of drawing the Disney Channel mouse ears logo.
This was the messiest toy and your parents totally hated it! Lite-Brite would always end in losing the pegs, your dog eating them, or you having a fit because you didn't have your yellow peg to finish the picture.
10. Cootie catchers
This was the easiest and cheapest playground pastime. You felt like a powerful kid fortune teller.
11. Friendship bracelets
Back in the 2000s, making these was always the highlight of your slumber parties and these bracelets were how you claimed each other as BFF's.
12. Polly pockets
Polly Pockets was originally created in 1989 and brought back in 1998. So this toy was extremely popular around the time of 90s babies. They are a collector's item after being discontinued, but word on the street these dolls are coming back.
13. Mighty Beanz
If Might Beanz were a part of your childhood, you can remember collecting a ton of them and having racing competitions.
Tamagotchis were every 90s kid's first responsibility. Hitting the market in 1996, these little digital pets flew off the shelves.
16. Blockbuster movies
Your exciting Friday nights consisted of going to rent a Blockbuster movie with your siblings and parents. In today's age, only one Blockbuster store remains in Oregon.
I have vivid childhood memories of dancing to my Hannah Montana boombox CD in my room.
18. Road map rugs
I swear these were everywhere: your basement, your doctor, your dentist, your friend's house.
19. Plastic dollys in gym class
Any early 2000 baby can fend for these scooters being the BEST day of gym class!
21. Easy bake ovens
Too young to use a real oven? Meet the perfect child's toy to experiment with all your culinary desires!
- 30 Nostalgic Things All Late '90s And Early 2000's Kids Will ... ›
- 50 Nostalgic Throwback Items For All You '90s Kids ›
- A Goodbye To Toys R Us, From Every 90's Kid ›
- 5 Hard To Find Toys That 90's Babies Had To Have ›
- 11 Of The Greatest 90s Toys ›
- 10 Toys From the 90s You Wish You'd Have Owned ›
- 40 Trends You Will Definitely Remember If You Were A 90's Kid ›
- The Best 90s Toys | Complex ›
- 15 Weirdest Toys From The '90s You Probably Forgot About ›
- 55 Iconic Toys Every '90s Kid Wanted For Their Birthday ›
- 90s Toys | List of Nostalgia-Inducing Toys from the 1990s ›
- 31 Awesome '90s Toys You Never Got, But Can Totally Buy Today ›
- Best Toys From the 90s - How many did you have as a kid? ›