10 Reasons High Point University Is The Best School You've Never Heard Of

8197
markmahaney

Ever wonder what it would look like if Disney World and the Ritz-Carlton combined? What it looks like is High Point University.

Located in High Point, North Carolina, this college that I attend is unreal. It is nicknamed "High Point Country Club" because it is one of the prettiest and most pampered campuses in the country. It's a small liberal arts school with about 4,000 undergraduate students that a lot of people have never heard about, but is now becoming more and more popular for these 9 reasons:

1. The Pools

At High Point, we don't have the beach extremely close to us, so the school compensated by putting not one outdoor pool, but four. The pools are accompanied by a hot tub big enough to fit 15 people. You can find everyone by the pool after class, especially Friday afternoons.

via pinterest.com

2. There's an Ice Cream Truck

Feeling hot while you're tanning and wish you had something to cool you down? Same. That's when the HPU ice cream truck strolls along and hands out free ice cream to the students during the hotter months. It is driven by HPU students and is a paying job that you can apply for. And for the colder months, the ice cream truck will have treats like warm brownies to make walking around in the cold a little more bearable.

via wonderfulengineering.com

3. We Have An Arcade and a Movie Theater

Everyone gets bored and needs some entertainment. And at High Point, they understand this. So what better way to pass time than by playing in an arcade or going to the movies? Yup, it's all free. So on Monday or Friday nights, you can catch films that have just recently come out of theater or go play Fruit Ninja in the arcade all week long.

via pinterest.com

4. Prime Steakhouse

Not impressed yet? Maybe the fact that there is a steakhouse on our campus will do the trick. Oh, and it's included in our meal plan. Once a week, the students at High Point University are allowed to make reservations for the steakhouse, where you get all dressed up and learn about dining etiquette. Each month, there is a different cultural menu, but if you're not feeling daring, you could always go with my personal favorite, the filet. The waiters are all students from High Point, so if you feel like working while at school, this is another option for you.

via highpoint.edu

5. Brand New Buildings

Almost everything at High Point University is brand new. From the academic buildings, all the fountains, the new student center, to all the housing, it's brand new. HPU is always buying more land and expanding its gorgeous campus to make it as appealing as possible to new students. The buildings don't fall anything short of impressive.

via

6. Blue Rock Pizza

If you go to HPU, you’ve experience the mouthwatering pizza that Blue Rock makes. If you haven’t, you’re a troll and don’t deserve to go to school here. This pizza place isn’t located on campus but I missed it even when I was in Italy - it’s that good.

via luluanddaisy.blogspot.com

7. Greek Life

Rush is held at the beginning of spring semester, so that way freshmen have time to adjust to the college lifestyle, and it's also a way to get the fraternities and sororities before the process begins. Most students are part of Greek Life and it's a good way to make friends and also learn leadership skills if you run for a position. High Point is known for its outstanding Greek Village, which is always at the top of the list for best Greek housing in the country.

via facebook.com

8. Derby Day

Ahhh, Derby Day. Easily the best day of the year, which is held the second weekend of the fall semester. There's no way of preparing yourself for your first Derby Day because it is always insane but will be your favorite memories from High Point. It's basically a bunch of drunk college students going down slip n' slides, eating a bunch of delicious free food, and jumping in bouncy houses. It's a day that everyone anxiously waits for, and it never falls short of expectations.

via alumni.highpoint.edu

9. Nido

High Point University wouldn't be the school it is today without President Nido Qubein. All the students refer to him as Nido, and we hope he doesn't mind and he probably doesn't because he is the absolute man. Nido became president 10 years ago and completely transformed the school. He is a legend on campus and if you're lucky enough, you'll pass him on your way to class. On special occasions, you can find him giving out free stuff to students like gigantic Hershey bars, or riding around on a bike in one of his expensive suits. President Qubein is a famous public speaker and holds a seminar for all freshmen and it's the best class you'll ever have. Nido is who we can thank for making High Point University as luxurious as it is.

via vimeo.com

"At High Point University every student receives an extraordinary education in an inspiring environment with caring people"