Block Your Exes On Social Media For Your Own Good

Stop Stalking Your Exes On Social Media And Move On Already

I cannot stress this enough: BLOCK THEM.

89
MTV

We're all guilty of it, so let's just admit that right now. You get curious. Odds are, that person was probably part of your life for a long time. They might have been your first love, your worst heartbreak. It doesn't really matter what your relationship was, though, because it's over and in the past.

It's best to leave every trace of them in the past, too.

You don't need to know how they're doing. You don't need to know if they've moved on or who they've moved on with. You don't need to know anything about them, especially if the relationship ended badly. Who cares about their family? Who cares about their friends? Who cares?!

Not you. At least you shouldn't.

You're better off now whether you believe it or not. It doesn't matter if you've moved on to a new relationship or if you're still single and coping with the breakup, you're better off.

The relationship ended for a reason, and it's almost always for the better.

There's really nothing positive that can be gained from keeping them on your radar even a little bit. The only way to truly grow from the breakup is to completely cut off its history from you. If you keep hanging on to any bit of it, whether that's animosity or some territorial defensiveness, you'll never fully move on.

Leave them blocked. I can't stress this enough.

Blocking your exes and leaving them blocked is completely therapeutic. It allows no chance for communication so you're able to flourish on your own and move on from that chapter in your life.

You don't need to check up on people from your past, they're in the past for a reason.

More than likely, it's a good thing. You're doing so much better without them. They don't need to know it, they don't need to keep checking up on you either. That chapter of your life's story should stay closed, permanently. It's time to live your best life, without them.

via GIPHY

Follow Swoon on Instagram.