As a white person living in Westchester, NY, I am very aware of my privilege. Here are a few I've recently discovered and have been supporting!
This cupcakery and creamery is just a few minutes from my house on a strip of Central Avenue that I drive down at least once a week.
I am quite honestly ashamed that I did not know about Smallcakes until now, but as a dessert lover, I will definitely be ordering from them frequently from now on!
Smallcakes has been on multiple seasons of the Food Network's "Cupcake Wars" as well as featured on "The View." If that doesn't wow you enough, definitely give the cupcakes a try and I guarantee you you'll be shocked at how amazing they are!
These are honestly the best cupcakes I have ever had in my entire life...and I do not say that lightly.
Roc 'N' Ramen is absolutely perfect for when I want something fancier than packaged Ramen at home and I don't feel like going all the way into the city for a good bowl of Ramen.
I definitely recommend Roc 'N' Ramen if you, like me, have intense Ramen cravings sometimes!
Who isn't having an extra drink in quarantine to keep yourself sane! Alcove is a Black-owned liquor store that you should definitely support if you're going out to buy liquor!
It is so important to think about and research where your money is going and who it is supporting when you are purchasing, no matter what it is.
I have recently been using Etsy a lot more as I am trying to be more ethical with my purchases and try to support small businesses over corporate businesses when I can.
Etsy has a link for Black-owned Etsy shops where you can find anything from beauty products, to paintings and other art, to jewelry and anything else you can imagine!
The Honey Pot is a Black-owned business that is sold at stores like Target and Urban Outfitters! I definitely recommend purchasing their brand if you are interested in organic feminine products and other chemical free products.
Mahogany Books was a bookstore originally established online featuring books written by or about African American people. They have since opened a physical store in Washington D.C. and continue to sell books both online and in-store.
- 5 Local Black Owned Businesses to Brighten Up Your Summer ›
- 10 Black-Owned Lingerie Brands You MUST Shop ›
- 10 Black-Owned Businesses For Your Leisurely Summer Shopping ›
- 6 Black Owned Businesses To Buy From ›
- 5 Black-Owned Businesses You Should Totally Support ›
- Supporting Black-Owned Businesses ›
- 30 Black-Owned Businesses to Support and 50 Petitions to Sign ›
- 9 Black-Owned Plant Shops Delivering Right To Your Door ›
- 12 Black-Owned Restaurants In The Greensboro, NC Area ›
- These 17 Black-Owned Food Businesses Ship Nationwide ›
- More than half of Black-owned businesses may not survive COVID-19 ›
- Black-Owned Businesses in San Francisco | Office of Economic and ... ›
- SUPPORT BLACK OWNED BUSINESSES & ORGANIZATIONS ›
- Where to Support Black-Owned Businesses in the Twin Cities - Mpls ... ›
- Google is now making it easier to find Black-owned businesses ... ›
- List of Black-Owned Businesses of 2020 ›
- 25 Black-Owned Businesses and Organizations to Support Right Now ›
- 138 Black-Owned Businesses to Support 2020 | The Strategist | New ... ›
- 100 Black-Owned Businesses To Support ›
- Black-Owned Business Directory ›