12 Black-Owned Restaurants In The Greensboro, NC Area

12 Black-Owned Restaurants In The Greensboro, NC Area You Can (And Should) Be Supporting

Even small actions can support large movements.

43873

Unless you have been living under a rock, you know that the Black Lives Matter movement has sparked up in high gear again following the death of George Floyd in Minneapolis.

We all need to be stepping up and showing our support however we can, and we need to make the message heard in order to see change.

Supporting black-owned business is one way we can help. If nothing else, here are some black-owned restaurants in my hometown that you can still order from and support amidst COVID-19 regulations.

1.     Stephanie’s

Stephanie's serves southern style food such as fried chicken, turkey wings, pork chops, meatloaf, and peach cobbler. Patrons have noted that the portions are large, more than enough to take home and eat again later. Overall, it has pretty great reviews.

2.  Paradise West Indian

Paradise West Indian serves Jamaican-style food and serves some foods we don't see often in America. Dishes such as the oxtail and curry chicken are some of their better-known dishes, but they also have some well-reviewed chicken wings.

3. Dame's Chicken and Waffles

This one is my personal favorite. While some people aren't sold on the idea of savory chicken and sweet waffles, Dame's is sure to change your mind. All meals are customizable, from the type of fried chicken to the type of waffle and the spread on top.

Dame's also offers vegan options if you don't eat meats.

4. Summit Cafe

Summit Cafe is open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, all said to be fantastic. They are best known for their breakfast, and the prices are great. Patrons have said the cafe gives off a good vibe with its old school feel and friendly staff members.

5. Taste of Ethiopia

Taste of Ethiopia serves specialty meats such as lamb, chicken, and steak. A big boost for this place is their availability of vegan and vegetarian options for those among us who don't eat meat. They also serve a lunch buffet, said to be incredible from reviewers.

6.  Hickory Tree BBQ

The BBQ from this place is definitely different. Hickory Tree uses turkey instead of pork to make their barbeque, which seems to be the big draw to their restaurant.

Another top seller is their crack and cheese. You can find their restaurant in Greensboro, or sometimes locate their food truck at breweries or festivals.

7. Becky’s & Mary’s

This southern style restaurant has been described by reviewers as the "best home cooking" in the area. While it looks a little hole-in-the-wall-esque, the food speaks volumes. It is important to note that the restaurant is cash only.

8. Sweet Potatoes

Critics describe this restaurant as "southern gourmet" and say that any wait you may have is well worth it as they don't take reservations. Best known for their fried chicken, catfish, and green tomatoes, patrons seem to have nothing but glowing reviews.

9.  Forsyth Seafood Market & Cafe

This market and cafe has a broad selection of fresh fish as well as the fish and seafood they cook to serve their customers. All of the food is fried, so if you prefer your fish cooked in a different way, you have the option to take it home uncooked.

10.     Boss Hog’s BBQ

Boss Hog's serves traditional barbeque and soul foods such as pulled pork, fried chicken, chicken wings, and fried fish. Reviewers have said that the food always arrives hot as it is made to order, which only adds to the high quality of their food.

11.     Uncle Cheesecake

Uncle Cheesecake is a cheesecake and dessert shop that makes every cheesecake from scratch. Patrons of the shop have said that they would be frequent and repeat customers because they really are THAT delicious.

12.     Funderburk’s

Funderburk's serves savory soul food that has been described as "like grandma's". Top items include fried chicken, fish options, and classic southern side dishes such as collard greens, mac-and-cheese, and cole slaw.

Other ways that you can help: https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/

It's past time to step up and do your part.