5 Black-Owned Businesses You Should Totally Support

Supporting black businesses supports creatives and artists.

244

June 2, 2020 was officially named #BlackOutTuesday in wake of the untimely death of George Floyd. In support of the #BlackLivesMatter movement, many people have vowed to only support black businesses until serious change is brought to our criminal justice system. I completely agree with these sentiments and wanted to provide a list of five black businesses you can support right now.

Beauty Bakerie

beautybakeriemakeup

Founded in 2011 by cancer survivor and single mother, Cashmere Nicole, this makeup brand is adorably fresh! All of the products associated with the brand fall under a baking and sweet treat theme. From tiny egg cartons full of beauty blender makeup sponges to eyeshadow palettes that look like ice cream sandwiches, this brand satisfies anyone with a sweet tooth and a love for makeup. If you're in need of new items for your collection check out their website here. Happy baking!

Legendary Rootz

legendaryrootz

Legendary Rootz is a fashion and apparel brand created by Raven Gibson. The young entrepreneur spoke in an interview with 21Ninety about the foundation of her brand. Gibson stated, "My ultimate goal is to utilize my company to help others. As my platform continues to grow, I find it so important to share my story and share others as well." If you're in the market for some cute clothes, accessories, or home decor visit the Legendary Rootz website here.

Aunt Jackie's Curls & Coils

auntjackiescurlsandcoils

Aunt Jackie's Curls and Coils is a black-owned hair care company. The brand promotes the use of products that are designed to nourish natural hair. With over 200 products in existence, there is truly something for every curly-headed cutie! It can be purchased directly from their website here.

Created For More

created.formore

Created For More was created by Anthony Rush Jr. in late 2019. The clothing brand seeks to "inspire and remind all through Christ, that we are more than the world says." Created For More is unique because all of the apparel is rolled out in releases that drop at various times throughout the year. The hoodies, t-shirts, sweatpants, and more are comfortable and unique. It is inspiring that a black-owned brand is doing so much to push the love of Christ out into the world. To support their next clothing drop visit their website here.

Embellished Premium Apparel

embellishedpa

Embellished Premium Apparel is a truly unique black-owned business. The brand was created by Genesis Bright who has, "a passion for putting vintage outfits together." Genesis finds her pieces at thrift stores, garage and estate sales, and some of the pieces are even donated to her. If you're into vintage clothing and thrifting you should definitely shop Embellished Premium Apparel. To shop her collection visit her website.

From Your Site Articles