Having A Big Heart Among Temporary People

They've always cared and they always will.

15
Cloudpix

Having a big heart can be a blessing and a curse: A blessing because you have no problem letting people in, caring about them and spreading that love and energy to those around you; A curse because it can pose as a bigger target.

They say that between the ages of 16 and 22, a person meets a lot of 'temporary people', or people that don't stick around for the rest of your life. Whether it's a fight, changing paths in life, or simply losing touch, this happens quite often in those 8 years and it can take a toll on someone with only love to give.

Sometimes, it can backfire and turn that person around completely. They become angry, closed off, and bitter. Most of the time, it's just part of their healing process - big-hearted people get hit hard when someone hurts them. It can take a long time for them to open up again, and that sucks because you don't only meet temporary people at this time. They could be pushing away a forever friend during their healing process.

However, when they do heal, their love never really goes away. Most of the time, no matter how much you hurt someone with a big heart, they'll still care for you at the end of the day. No matter what you fought over or what drew you from this person, they might just let you right back in with open arms.

On the other hand, after big-hearted people are hurt a few times, they also tend to learn from their mistakes. They're able to recognize toxic people and know when enough is enough. So depending on how much you've hurt them, it gets to a point where they'll be gone forever, and you'll realize you really messed up.

Big-hearted people aren't always perfect, of course. They can be as toxic as anyone. The difference is they have so much love in their heart, they can get confused on what's best for them or the other person, whether it's to fix things or let them go. This can be one of their biggest struggles in life.

Another struggle they face is knowing when to accept their unconditional love as part of their personality. Sometimes, all they want to do is stay angry and never let anyone in again because god, it hurts so bad when people screw them over. Eventually, though, they can't help it, and give their love to others or admit that they still care for whoever hurt them. It can be frustrating and irritating, but it's just who they are.

Big-hearted people can go through some really dark times in this 'temporary people' stage of life, and throughout life in general. They have all this love to give in a world that can be so cruel, and it can get more than frustrating. It can be confusing and hurtful, no matter how many times it happens. It can cause someone to truly lose hope in humanity or eventually, lose all that love in their heart.

However, for those that don't lose it, they can live a life so filled with happiness that they're an absolute joy to be around. They can be classified as the "mom of the group", the most caring partner, or the best best friend in the world. They're the type of people that ask you to call them when you get home safe, that come visit you when you're sick, and that celebrate all of your accomplishments with as much enthusiasm as you. They're the ones that always give you their shoulder to cry on and look you in the eyes to make sure you're okay. They're the ones that never give up on you and try their hardest to make sure you're happy.

You can learn a lot from big-hearted people, even just by being around them. They have a tendency to not only show love for those they care about, but for everyone around them and something as simple as love can have a lasting effect. Love is contagious and the world needs more of it.