Betsy Devos Is Possibly The Worst Cabinet Nominee In The Trump Administration
Politics

Her stance on guns in schools and how private schools should use tax payer money will disgust any tax paying American.

32
business insider

Before the final election results and I guess still even now at the beginning of Trump's presidency I knew both Trump or Clinton would be a giant step backwards in terms of progressive policy and idea's in America. Although I had no idea of knowing how far backwards we could really go in the space of four years until now. Now that I covered many of the cabinet position nominees so far I am beginning to see the outline for what the future holds. While we still have other nominees and supreme court judges yet to be elected it appears that Betsy Devos will be appointed as the secretary of education and this has me very worried. Researching material for Betsy Devos was honestly very easy... to find, reading about Betsy and her policy beliefs was the opposite. After reading articles, watching interviews and reading through her website if someone where to ask me to say one positive thing about Betsy the only honest reply I would be able to come up with is that she is not Sarah Palin. Well not as bad as Sarah Palin hopefully.

Betsy Devos was born on January 8th 1958 in Holland Michigan and raised in a very religious house hold. It should be noted that Betsy never once in her entire life attended a public school as a student. Right off the bat that screams conflict of interest. You have the soon to be Secretary of Education who will be put in charge of the public and private school system and you want to appoint someone who has never even attended one of the two? I understand most American's do not get to attend both but then again most Americans are MORE likely to have attended a public school system. I in this case am an exception, having attending both public and private high school for 2 years each. That being said not only will Betsy not understand the plight of those families who have to use the public system, she will also lean towards promoting charter and private schools. I say "will" because she has already done exactly that. Not only has she taken sides with private education she has lobbied for states to allow parents to use PUBLIC FUNDS to pay private school tuition. Hey Betsy, has it ever crossed your mind that Americans already pay a tax for education which is supposed to build a competent school system in their community. It's called a public school instead of dabbling in state funds and causing more of a burden on the existing system why do you not just improve the system we already have? To be perfectly honest Betsy that is literally the description of the job you are applying for. Of course private schools and charter schools have the right to exist but it is not the governments job or that of the tax payers to pay for the cost of non public schools. Reason being these schools have the right to accept or reject anyone they want to and teach different world views. The end goal for Betsy is quite obvious, she does not want private religious schools to have to raise their own money or for those religious families to have to pay for their children's special education. Special treatment for being a christian? Sounds totally legit.. If you live in a christian theocracy which I am pretty sure is their end goal, although we are pretty close as it is. Betsy I would like to just point out that religion is taught in a church, schools are for math, science, language and gym okay? If parents wish to send their kid to an educational facility that bases logic on the christian faith they should pay for it themselves, like my parents did, and not shovel the burden on the rest of the American people who all have many different faiths, customs, and ideology.

I normally would not be so directly condescending to anyone in an article as the aim is to be professional but when you have to watch someone happily waste your own precious time on earth away for their own personal goals, it puts courtesy near the back seat. My patience with Betsy completely evaporated with her reply to the age old question "Should guns be allowed in school?". While watching this live on C-SPAN I was expecting a very rhetorical or non related ambiguous answer maybe even the common misdirection tactic. I was wrong. She went for the no thought given non-sensical approach. Her reply was more along the lines of a homeless man with a tin foil hat screaming ridiculous conspiracy theories. “I will refer back to Senator Enzi and the school that he was talking about in Wapiti, Wyoming, I think probably there, I would imagine, that there’s probably a gun in the school to protect from potential grizzlies“ and continued on using the reason of "grizzly bears" to keep the idea that should be guns in schools. This hands down was the dumbest things she could have said and took first prize for sure in the dumbest thing she said while being questioned by the senate that day. Not to mention the man asking the original question was Chris Murphy the democratic senator of Connecticut who witnessed the tragic Sandy Hook Elementary school shooting. First off let me clean up this mess by saying we do not need guns in schools, every school has a police officer on site who is armed and can provide "grizzly removal services" if that were to be needed. Not only that but the officer is also their to protect students from attacks on the school itself. But just to rub it in Betsy's dumb face lets have a little geography and ethology lesson.

If we look above we will see a range map of past and present grizzly bear territory. While it is possible that grizzlies can be present in the blue portion of the map the chances are slim compared to the green quadrant. In summation only a small tiny bit of Wyoming resides inside the green area. Other than that only northern Montana and Washington along with all of Alaska have any actual modern chance of even weekly grizzly bear visits. Now I know Betsy might just be the "super safe mom" and she might see all that blue coloration and have a mental episode on why we need guns in schools but lets get something perfectly straight. You see half that map, mostly the mid west and the complete eastern seaboard. There is not one damn grizzly (exempting zoo's) inside those states. We do not need guns in schools. Betsy let me hear you make your stance perfectly clear on whether you agree or not? If you do not that's fine but give a real damn answer.

To make matters worse Betsy also had a tax deduction listed on her tax returns, this deduction was cited to be for a non profit organization that her mother had been a part of. This organization had been known to implement gay conversion therapy. When asked about it she then went on to say that adding the deduction was a "clerical error". Betsy, clerical error my ass you know full well what you signed on for and it is disgusting and you Betsy have a disgusting world view. Any respect I might have had for Betsy is now completely gone. Betsy Devos is a religious radical bent on shaping the American people to her own version of her christian ideology. Betsy does not stand for individualism or one's personal entity or self choice. We are putting this individual into power to control the future of the next generation's education the foundation on which they will build future civilization and their own lives. While I respect all faiths and cultures as their own that does not mean those individuals can use a political office in America to blatantly influence policy with their own religion when our founding fathers separated church and state for that very reason. Religious freedom is a two way street. Americans are free to worship whichever religion they wish or to not worship at all. It is worth mentioning as well that not all of our founding fathers were religious, Thomas Jefferson (at death) and Benjamin Franklin as prime examples. In short what Betsy wishes to do is against the constitution.

To Betsy Devos on personal note.. You're a prick.

From Your Site Articles