10 Stress Relievers You Can Buy For Your Home

10 Home Items You Need For Stress Relief, On The Days You 'Literally Cannot'

Fill your home with peaceful, calming coping mechanisms.

6082

I'd like to think that 2020 is teaching us a lot. Or will teach us a lot. Or will be a story we tell at parties one day. Ultimately, this year has been — and is probably going to continue to be — a bit of a mess.

At the beginning of the year, Australia was on fire and we mourned the death of Kobe Bryant. Then, coronavirus (COVID-19) took our spring and shut us in our homes, inciting panic over public health and sparking political upheaval at every decision made by local and federal officials alike. Now, a week after George Floyd's death at the hands of Minneapolis police officer Derek Chauvin, a nationwide conversation is reignited with protests regarding racial injustice in the United States. There is an enormous amount of tension, hurt, and change that is upon the American people.

The things we're experiencing in 2020 have massive potential for positive change. Ideally, the social media revolutions that seemingly happen on a daily basis will move into real-life action. Right now, many of us are stuck in our homes, with nowhere to go and everything to scroll. The information overload coming from Instagram, the news, and your Great Aunt Linda can easily become overwhelming. That's why it's crucial, now more than ever, to readily equip your home to be a safe, calming space — where you can call your representatives and also find the peace your mind craves.

1. A throw pillow to scream into

Screaming from the rooftops may wake the neighbors, but nothing says instant stress relief like screaming into a cozy pillow. Not only will your couch or bed love the colorful additions, but you have plenty of options to "discuss" the world's problems with.

2. The Five Minute Journal

Getting out your thoughts and emotions onto paper is scientifically proven to be helpful in relieving whatever stress you're feeling. The Five Minute Journal helps you debrief in a quick, effective manner, with prompts that help you break down barriers and boost your mood.

3. A weighted blanket

It always helps to curl up with a comfortable blanket when you're stressed — a weighted blanket takes that comfort a step further.

4. House plants

OK, hear me out. House plants aren't just pretty green things to try and keep alive (although, you do have to put a little effort in), they also improve the air quality in your home by removing toxins. More house plants, more peace, that's what I always say.

SEE ALSO: 7 Reasons Succulents Are 100 Percent An Essential Purchase For Quarantine Life

5. Calming tea

I'm not a tea-drinker, but when life gets to be too much, a cup of calming tea does the trick. Having a caffeine-free herbal tea in your home is a good idea for whenever you're sick, tired, or just need a hug in a mug.

6. A sleeping mask

When the world seems too much, taking 20 minutes to shut your eyes can be the boost you need to carry on. A comfortable sleep mask encourages you to keep those eyes shut (instead of scrolling through Twitter) and take the moment of rest your mind needs.

7. Calming essential oil rollers

Essential oil rollers are fantastic because they can fit in your purse for on-the-go calming, and you can keep them around the house as well! These combinations are specifically designed with oils that encourage peace and relaxation.

8. Stress balls

Don't knock it till you try it! Stress balls give you the ability to physically take your stress out on something else. Sure, you could go for a run or do some jumping jacks, but you could also squeeze this encouraging little accessory until you feel better!

9. A paint set

Never underestimate the power of a creative outlet. Having a paint set, coloring book, or sketch pad on hand won't only inspire creativity in your home, but it'll give you a place to artistically release whatever stress you're feeling in your life.

10. Hemp droplets

Hemp oil has been seen to reduce anxiety, help you sleep, and help your body relax. One or two drops when you're feeling tense can make the world of difference — why wouldn't you keep some on hand?

Editor's note: The views expressed in this article are not intended to replace professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment.

As an Amazon partner, Odyssey may earn a portion of qualifying sales.