7 Health Benefits Of Succulents

7 Reasons Succulents Are 100 Percent An Essential Purchase For Quarantine Life

They're an investment in your health!

5546

Houseplants make homes homier — that's just the rule. Apartments filled with leafy friends take up your Pinterest boards and make you feel like the chic goddess you are! Until you realize that keeping a plant alive is hard work and you may actually be bad at it.

This is where succulents come into play! They still carry that "look at my natural home" vibe with way less effort! Keeping a succulent alive and well really just means making sure you don't totally forget to water it and give it some fresh air, so yes, you CAN do it. In return, succulents can assist in your personal wellness, too!

1. Succulents improve air quality

Like many plants, succulents absorb toxins in the air and release fresh, clean air into whatever room they're in. This release of clean oxygen improves the overall smell of your home while helping you intake an air supply that's better for you.

2. Several succulents have medicinal benefits

Most of us are familiar with the aloe vera plant, especially if you find yourself sunburnt easily. Aloe vera is a member of the succulent family and maintains an easy-to-care-for vibe while providing medicinal benefits when needed. There are also many other succulents that have medicinal benefits, you just have to look!

3. Succulents can boost your mood

Plants are therapeutic (and way less maintenance than that cute puppy you saw on Facebook) and can give you a little boost when you need it. Succulents, while still low maintenance, are a responsibility that makes individuals feel accomplished, calm, and happy.

4. Succulents can brighten a room

Succulents can thrive in almost any temperature while still blooming in the intended season. They add a splash of color to whatever room they live in!

5. Succulents can improve your focus

Studies have shown that regular exposure to nature improves your focus and sharpen your mind. Adding succulents to your home (especially any rooms you generally work in) can increase your brainpower!

6. Succulents can enhance your memory

Another great mental health benefit of succulents is improved memory. All that fresh (detoxed) air and greenery is good for you, your mind proves it!

7. Succulents can reduce stress

Being around nature — even when you're still in your home — relaxes and calms you. This eases the stress your body may be under and creates a sense of happiness.

As an Amazon partner, Odyssey may earn a portion of qualifying sales.