George Floyd's Death Ruled A Homicide In Two Medical Reports
Currently

Yes, George Floyd's Death Was A Homicide, According To Multiple Medical Reports

Protests have raged on across America in the wake of the death of George Floyd.

4223
Photo by Clay Banks on Unsplash

The preliminary autopsy report on the death of George Floyd stated that Floyd did not die as a result of asphyxiation or strangulation from police officer Derek Chauvin.

The Washington Times reported on this saying:

"Preliminary findings from a Tuesday autopsy conducted by the Hennepin County Medical Examiner found "no physical findings that support a diagnosis of traumatic asphyxiation or strangulation," according to the criminal complaint filed Friday against former officer Derek Michael Chauvin."

According the Hennepin County medical examiner, Floyd's death came as a result of underlying health conditions combining with police restraint and potential intoxicants in his system.

However, an independent autopsy found that the cause of his death was homicide, citing asphyxiation from Chauvin's knee pressing down onto Floyd's neck.

After this independent autopsy, the official results of the autopsy conducted by the Hennepin County medical examiner also concluded that Floyd's death was a homicide but not linking asphyxiation to the death.

Forbes reported on this:

"George Floyd's death was a homicide, the county medical examiner has ruled, saying in a report released Monday that the 46-year-old died as a result of cardiopulmonary arrest caused by 'law enforcement subdual, restraint, and neck compression.'"

In the medical examiner's findings, Floyd was high on fentanyl, had heart disease which was preexisting, and had recently taken methamphetamine. All of these contributing factors compounded in Floyd's death, which was officially ruled a homicide, although not by asphyxiation but by cardiopulmonary arrest.

Protests have raged on across America in the wake of the death of George Floyd and President Trump has addressed these citing that "overwhelming force" and "domination" are what's needed to end the protests.

He has also called protestors "scum," "low-life," and "thugs."

While the official medical findings are out, protests still rage on, protesting for structural change and a shift in consciousness that could possibly help end unnecessary death of black lives.

From Your Site Articles