Best Songs Of The 2000s

Best Songs Of The 2000s

What a time to be alive

237
Best Songs Of The 2000s

The 2000's was definitely a special time to grow up. Really important things happened! We got those New Year's glasses with the two zeros for eyes, and it was socially acceptable to sport gauchos and a peace sign scarf. What a time to be alive! Am I right? Perhaps one of the best (or worst?) parts of the 2000's was the eclectic mix of popular music. The styles vary greatly, yet somehow whenever one of these songs come on you happen to know all the words. And you know what? We are proud that we know all the words! Sometimes we secretly (not so secretly) wish people would turn off the Kanye for a minute, and throw on a 2000's jam so we can relive the middle school glory days. So here's a really random list of some 2000's tunes that anyone at a party will subconsciously start singing along to.

"All the Small Things" by Blink-182 (1999).

Technically not a 2000's song, but Blink-182 is still very relevant in the 2000's.

"All Star" by Smash Mouth (1999).

It was in the first Shrek movie.

"I Want Candy" by Aaron Carter (2000).

Unfortunately, a song about a girl named Candy, not delicious treats.

"The Hampsterdance Song" by Hampton the Hampster (2000).

Some may refer to this song as "Hell on Earth", but there was always that one kid who would freak out when it came on. ( I was that one kid).

"I Want It That Way" by The Backstreet Boys (2001).

You can't spell two thousands without boy band!

"Us Against the World" by PLAY (2001).

I will never forget when Lizzie McGuire brought this song into my life when she and her BFF, Miranda, made that music video in detention.

"Sk8er Boi" by Avril Lavigne (2002).

He was a boi. She was a girl. Can I make it anymore obvious?

"A Thousand Miles" by Vanessa Carlton (2002).

Singing the piano parts is actually more fun than singing the lyrics.

"Hot in Herre" by Nelly (2002).

The three Rs in the title just show how poppin' this song is.

"The Anthem" by Good Charlotte (2002).

Angsty teen music!

"Stacy's Mom" by Fountain of Wayne (2003).

What if Stacy's Mom was Jesse's Girl? And what is her number was 867-5309?

"Let's Get It Started" by Black Eyed Peas (2003).

The Black Eyed Peas breakout hit.

"In Da Club" by 50 Cent (2003).

Go Shorty. It's ya' birthday!

"Ultimate" by Lindsay Lohan (2003).

Lindsey Lohan crushed this song at the end of Freaky Friday.

"Cinderella" by The Cheetah Girls (2003).

We all started wearing cheetah print on the regular after this.

"Hey Ya" by Outkast (2003).

"Shake is like a Polaroid picture" is still a very popular Instagram caption.

"1985" by Bowling for Soup (2004).

Because she's still preoccupied.

"Mr. Brightside" by The Killers (2004).

More angsty teen music!

"Yeah" by Usher, ft. Lil Jon and Ludacris (2004).

We all knew all the words, even Ludacris's part.

"Unwritten" by Natasha Bedingfield (2004).

The Hills theme song. Also relevant when you're trying to write a paper and you're just staring at the black page before you.

"Hollaback Girl" by Gwen Stefani (2004).

Thanks you, Gwen, for teaching all of us how to spell bananas. It's something I will carry with me for the rest of my life.

" Toxic" by Britney Spears (2004).

Came out close to Britney's breakdown.

"Beautiful Soul" by Jesse McCartney (2004).

When Jesse McCartney cares about your personality and not just your looks. This gave all girls hope.

"1-2-Step" by Ciara (2004).

Everyone did the silly dance move.

"Hips Don't Lie" by Shakira (2005).

Como se llama (si) Bonita (si) Mi casa (Shakira Shakira)

"Sugar, We're Going Down" by Fall Out Boy (2005).

Air guitars and stomps foot really hard during refrain.

"Candy Shop" by 50 Cent (2005).

Yet another song unfortunately not about candy.

"Dirty Little Secret" by All American Rejects (2005).

Loved this song in middle school. Still love it.

"Lose Yourself" by Eminem (2005).

The song for white girls to show they know all the words to a rap song.

"The Great Escape" by Boys Like Girls (2006).

Personally on a mission to revive this pop rock classic.

"Everytime We Touch" by Cascada (2006).

The song where you pretended you were at a rave.

"Fergalicious" by Fergi (2006).

Fergi's solo career. Plus another spelling lesson!

"Too Little, Too Late" by Jojo (2006).

Jojo, aka the sassiest 15-year-old of the time.

"Smack That" by Akon (2006).

What happened to Akon?

"Lip Gloss" by Lil Mama (2007).

Everyone simultaneously applies their lipgloss.

"Potential Break Up Song" by Aly & AJ (2007).

This song made every girl so salty at their non-existent boyfriend.

"Paper Planes" by M.I.A. (2007).

A song where everyone knew exactly what to do with their hands.

"Thnks Fr Th Mmrs" (Thanks for the Memories) by Fall Out Boy (2007).

I'm still unsure of why there are no vowels in the title, but still a fantastic song. Really brings me back to those middle school dances.

"7 Things" by Miley Cyrus (2008).

We all knew she sang this about Nick Jonas.

"Low" by Flo Rida & T-Pain (2008).

Apple-bottom jeans! Boots with the fur! (With the fur!)

"Crush" by David Archuletta (2008).

Didn't win American Idol, but won our hearts.

"Party in the USA" by Miley Cyrus (2009).

Everyone nodded their heads (like, yeah) and moved their hips (like yeah).

"One Time" by Justin Bieber (2009).

We remember the first Bieber fever epidemic.

"Boom Boom Pow" by The Black Eyed Peas (2011).

The Black Eyed Peas got the band back together. Fergie also informed us that we're "So 2000 and late," but it's OK, Fergie, because we love the 2000s.