We All Scream For Ice Cream At These 7 Best Ice Cream Shops In Wisconsin

Any summer day is a good day for ice cream.

48

Throughout the past few weeks, the entire state of Wisconsin has been experiencing an extreme heat wave. It's a good thing we're the Dairy State during these difficult, scorching times. Our many ice cream parlors almost always feature fresh, creamy custard, so without further ado, I present seven of the most mouth-watering ice cream stops across Wisconsin.

Cedar Crest Ice Cream

bloximages.newyork1.vip.townnews.com

You may have seen this company's ice cream in your local grocery store, but why not just go to the source for such deliciousness? Located in Manitowoc, the parlor has one of my favorite, absurd flavors: Superman! It's blue raspberry, cherry and vanilla ice cream all wrapped into one and can not be beat.

Kopp's Frozen Custard

onmilwaukee.com

If you've never eaten Kopp's, are you even from Wisconsin? With three locations scattered around Milwaukee, this ice cream shop is known for their many unique flavors of the day. Personally, I can never miss Mint Chip day but everyone has their own preference.

Lee's Dairy Treat

c1.staticflickr.com

Lee's is that typical old-fashioned ice cream shop that comes to your mind. You order at the walk-up window and get to sit outside enjoying your delicious treat. They also have other diner-type food, from chili hot dogs to giant salted pretzels.

Culver's Frozen Custard

s3-assets.eastidahonews.com

Culver's is another iconic Wisconsin restaurant that everyone who visits must dine at once (at the least.) Culver's is known for using custard, which is basically a creamier, more bougie version of ice cream. And, because it's the Dairy State, they also have phenomenal cheeseburgers (known as ButterBurgers her) and cheese curds.

Kelley Country Creamery

bobber.discoverwisconsin.com

This ice cream shop is located on an actual dairy farm, so you know it's the real deal. The ice cream menu competes with the Cheesecake Factory for its extensive length. With flavors from Bleu Cheese Pear (questionable) to Boysenberry (more reasonable) to Brownie Batter (the bomb dot com,) there's something here for everyone.

Purple Door

www.epicureantravelerblog.com

Popular with Marquette students, this ice cream shop first graced my presence when I had freshman Orientation last year. Located in the heart of downtown Milwaukee, Purple Door embraces the creativity of the city in its flavors. Some of those flavors include: Beer and Pretzels(!) to Olive Oil(!!) to Blackberry Quark (whatever that means.)

Pearl Ice Cream Parlor

statetrunktour.com

This La Crosse parlor's ice cream is homemade daily and includes flavors like Cappuccino Oreo, White Chocolate and Raspberry, and Cotton Candy (another personal fave of mine.)

There's no other way to beat the heat than to go on a road trip (in a car with AC) to visit all of these places on a quest for delicious ice cream! Who wants to join me?