11 Quotes From The Harry Potter Series That Will Last Forever

“Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.” - Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
125

The Harry Potter series is a staple of millions of peoples' childhoods; Harry, Ron, and Hermione taught us lessons on friendship, accepting adventure, and love. Because of the impact the books had on so many of us when we were younger, it is important to revisit and appreciate some of the series' most memorable lines.

1. “It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.” - Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone.

2. “It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” - Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.

3. "'The truth.' Dumbledore sighed. "'It is a beautiful and terrible thing, and should therefore be treated with great caution.'” - Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone.

4. “If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.” - Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.

5. “Dumbledore says people find it far easier to forgive others for being wrong than being right.” - Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.

6. “Things we lose have a way of coming back to us in the end, if not always in the way we expect.” - Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix.

7. “Understanding is the first step to acceptance, and only with acceptance can there be recovery.” - Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.

8. “Differences of habit and language are nothing at all if our aims are identical and our hearts are open.” - Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.

9. “We've all got both light and dark inside us. What matters is the part we choose to act on. That's who we really are.” - Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix.

10. "The mind is not a book, to be opened at will and examined at leisure. Thoughts are not etched on the inside of skulls, to be perused by an invader. The mind is a complex and many-layered thing.” - Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix.

11. “Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.” - Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban.