Why I Will Never Choose A Boy Over My Best Friend

I have made this mistake in my past and it turned around to bite me in the ass.

172

In the past, every time that I would get a new boyfriend, I put my best friend on the back burner. In my head, it seemed logical.

I was more than wrong.

Here's how it would play out every time: I would date a boy, think I was in love, but then have no one to talk about it to, because I ditched my best friend too many times and now she wants nothing to do with me. That is understandable.

My relationship with that boy would go through a rough patch and I would have to bottle it all up, because I ditched my best friend too many times and now she wants nothing to do with me.

That is understandable. Finally, my relationship would end and I would be left with no one, but myself.

Your best friend is your best friend for a reason. It seems as if putting a significant other over your friend is occurring quite frequently these days. Not just with girls who are friends, but also boys who are friends. But since I am 100% female, this is what I think:

Your best friend hypes you up into catching feelings for a new boy.

Your best friend is there for you when you are your new boy get in your first fight.

Your best friend tells you when to stop going back to a certain boy.

Your best friend listens when you don't listen and go back to a certain boy.

You best friend holds your hand when you're crying over the dumbest shit.

Your best friend answers your FaceTime calls when you get back from a date you didn't tell her about.

Your best friend forfeits sleep to listen to your "I am tired of being treated like shit" rants.

Your best friend has been there way longer than a boy that you just met.

Stop treating her as if it's the other way around. Thank her for never giving up in your "I am done with him" scenarios. Thank her for loving you no matter what you choose to do. Apologize to her for you making her a second option/choice.

Sure, this article would be different if you had been with the same guy for years. I know there comes a point in life where you need to focus on your intimate relationships and start your life. But that is not what this article is about.

Your best friend will always be there for you when a boy cannot be.

You need to realize that before the most important person in your life is gone.

"How do you lose a woman?" -Mr. Mosby

"You forget to cherish her.." -Cody, from Suite Life of Zack and Cody