18 Benefits Of Living With Your BFFs

18 Perky Perks Of Sharing A Pad With Your BFFs

Gal pals make the best roomies.

819

We've all been there, when you don't love where you live or, more importantly, who you live with.

We tell ourselves "you don't have to be best friend's with your roommates," and "it's just a place to sleep." Rationalizing our sucky living situation with "there will be less drama this way," and though sometimes that is true, a lot of times it's the opposite.

Coming from someone who's lived in three extremely different roommate situations before living with friends, I'll be the first to tell you that living with people you genuinely like all around, AKA your friends, makes life so much better.

I've had the "Facebook roommates," where you meet through your schools "Class of 20XX" group, stalk their profile and hope for the best.

The "grouped by common interests roommates" where you fill out a school's 20 questions about you and what you want in a roommate form.

The "totally random, this is probably going to suck" roommates.

And now the "gal pals" roommates, and trust me, "gal pals" wins for best living situation hands down.

I live with three of my closest college friends and college life has never been better!

Here are 18 perks of living with your BFF's:

1. It's like a nonstop sleepover, but better

Living with your besties is like a sleepover every night, except everyone gets their own room and bathroom, what more could you ask for!

2. You're never alone if you don't want to be

If you're feeling down you've got your girl right down the hall to cheer you up and eat copious amounts of Ben & Jerry's with you. #WeDontJudge #WeJoin

3. Family dinners are back in your life

You can make yummy meals together and talk about your day within the comfort of your home! No more going out and spending money you don't have on food just to see your friends if you don't want to.

4. No one gets mad if you borrow something

Since you genuinely like who you live with, sharing your stuff with them isn't a problem!

5. Going out is so much easier because you're starting and ending at the same place

No lady is left behind because you're all going home anyway!

6. Getting ready for anything is so much more fun

Easily being able to pop into each other's rooms and ask "which one do you like better," is a time saver and style saver.

7. They've got your back

No matter what it is, there's nothing more relieving than sending an "SOS" to the group chat and your roomies responding with a "be home in five."

8. You're free to be your weird self

When you live with your friends you know they already like you for everything you are, so there's no holding back.

9. All of their friends are your friends

Nothings worse than not liking your roommate, but not being able to stand the annoying friends they bring to your place. When you live with your friends more likely than not, the annoying friends they bring over are also your annoying friends, so you don't mind.

10. You stay in more

When you live with your friends every day of the week is a party, so missing a few ladies's nights here or there to chill at home with your roomies is actually ideal.

11. You get to know them even better

They say you don't really know someone until you live with them, and I agree, but lucky for me living with my friends has only made me love them more!

12. They're always down to help a sista out

Need someone to switch your laundry, preheat the oven or feed your guinea pigs? Have no fear ya sista friend is here.

13. You respect each other

I'm a clean freak and my roomies knew that going into this, so they do their absolute best to keep our place in tiptop shape and it means so much to me and my OCD tendencies.

14. "I'm going to Target, anyone need anything?"

Oh, girl, I ALWAYS need something and I will Venmo you right now.

15. Your apartment is SO CUTE

What's better than one decor queen?

Four decor queens???

16. When they take home leftovers, but end up not wanting them

Yes girl, I will gladly take that chicken marsala off your hands.

17. Carpooling has never been easier

Shot gun!

18. They bring out the best in you

After a bad day it's so easy to come home, sit in your room, and be sad, but when you live with your besties you better believe as soon as you walk in the front door your frown is turned upside down

Life's just better when you love who you live with.