19 Reasons Ben Wyatt Is The Best TV Husband

I love him and I like him.

450
Fanpop

Let's face it, TV is a vast place full of all sorts of peculiar characters and lots of husbands. But, out of ALL of the shows I watch I think Ben Wyatt from Parks and Recreation is the best husband. Now I'm going to list a few reasons why....

Let's get started then!

1. He hangs out with her friends. As to quote the Spice Girls "If you wanna be my lover, you gotta get with my friends."

I think it's ridiculously important to be friends with your significant other's friends. They will be there for a long time and you have to be able to get along with them. If your S.O. has best friends and you hate them or just don't pay attention to them, they're likely to talk crap about you. Best friend instincts are a thing and your S.O. might believe their friend when they say it's time for you to go.

2. He's supportive asf.

Ben never strays from Leslie. He is always there to make sure she is happy and accomplishes her dreams. She may have crazy ideas but he is still there supporting her as she completes her goals.

3. Ben Wyatt GAVE UP HIS JOB FOR LESLIE.

Not saying that this is a thing every guy should do because obviously it's not something everyone will have to face. I mean he risked his job in the first place to act on his feelings for her, but then he just gave it up. He wanted Leslie to continue her dream job and pursue greener pastures while he loses his job over him continuing his career and dropping his relationship with her. He loves her that much.

4. You know when people say "get you a guy who looks at you like..."? Well Ben looks at Leslie that way.

He does the cute little "I appreciate and love you so much" look. I think the reason this is important is because if you ever see those cheesy romance movies the guy always looks at the girl like this and vice versa. You have to appreciate the person you are with and Ben does that all the time.

5. He's the calm to Leslie's hyper.

The saying opposites attract can go so many different ways. It can mean personalities, and it can mean something kind of like this: when Leslie has her energetic moments, Ben can cool her down. That's what opposites attract means. They are very much alike, but their differences balance each other out.

6. Even when he's drunk, he is still just as in love with Leslie as he is sober.

I think this scene is probably one of my favorites ever. It shows how much he cares for her because even though he has been drinking he still gives an amazing toast that has everything to do with Leslie.

7. He feels as though he can never do enough for Leslie.

To give more background to this scene, Ann comes in to talk to Ben about what to get Leslie for a gift. They keep talking saying they have no idea what to get her because she's the best gift giver in the world. He then proceeds to complain about the wonderful presents that she gives him and how he can never compare. I love it because he cherishes Leslie and thinks he can never do enough.

8. Best way to say it, he puts up with Leslie's crap.

I wouldn't say it's considered crap for him but Leslie is sometimes a bit kooky. She does get involved in some nutty antics and I have no idea how he puts up with it sometimes. I mean she does things like adopt a bunch of animals without asking and it's cute that he just lets her do stuff like this. He questions it sometimes but he still adores her.

9. Even when everything goes to crap he still loves that they have each other.

Gosh this is beyond important....this is crucial. Your entire life will be ups and downs. You have to believe that everything will be better if you have your partner. When your life is in the gutter and you can still say "But at least I have...." Then that means that you have found the perfect person for you.

10. He knows her interests like the back of his hand. (And if he doesn't he tries to learn more about them).

For their anniversary he planned activities that he knew she would love, but sadly she was busy with her job the entire day. He ended up spending the day with Jerry, and in the end her gave Leslie a scrapbook of all the memories they would have had if she wasn't working. (i.e. pictures of Ben and Jerry cooking and dancing. I honestly thought it was weird. I guess it's the thought that counts.)

11. He expresses how much he loves her all the time.

Ben tells Leslie he loves her ALL the time. You have to tell your S.O. how much you love them because sometimes they can start to doubt things. When they have rough days it can be hard to believe someone truly loves them, and a simple reminder can be everything.

12. They're so in sync.

I know this isn't just Ben but it still shows how much they get along and understand each other. When you can finish the other person's sentence it means you've achieved maximum friendship level with your partner. It means you've been around them so long you can predict what they're going to do next. Ben had been around Leslie so long their brains became one.

(they even have matching pajamas!!!!!!)

13. His personality in general is amazing.

He is wonderfully nerdy and makes the cheesiest jokes. I love his humor! I can't be biased about this though. Nerdy, sensitive, and sarcastic; the perfect man. It means that you'll always be entertained around him so I can only imagine how Leslie feels around him. Not to mention, he is also EXTREMELY SMART! I mean he is an accounting genius!

14. When everything was going wrong for Leslie, he whisked her away to Paris! PARIS, FRANCE!

This was one of the best things that Ben did for her. It was extremely romantic and every guy should take notes from him. He knows how to treat his best friend/S.O.

15. He takes care of Leslie when she's stressed or sick.

When she got the flu he took her to the hospital. When she was stressed about having triplets he made sure to try and help as much as possible to make her calm down. It's really sweet that he makes sure she is well.

16. He's a gentleman.

I love this so much about Ben. He keeps chivalry alive. He always opens doors for Leslie and puts her first in any situation.

17. He's staying with her forever.

He was in it for the long haul and that should be the goal of any relationship. If you aren't in it to get married then you're doing it wrong. That is the end of a relationship, which is why people should think about that in relationships. If you get scared of the idea of a long-term relationship with someone, they aren't for you. (Also one of them becomes the POTUS...probably Leslie tbh.)

18. In Leslie's words...Ben has a cute butt.

You can't deny it. Leslie is obsessed with it and there has to be some reason....right?

19. Above all, he makes sure she is happy all the time.

He goes out of his way to make sure she is smiling. This is the best part about Ben. He is the sweetest husband any woman could ask for (even though he's only a TV character).

In conclusion, Ben Wyatt is the best TV husband there is. There are far more reasons than these 19, but these are at the top of the list. Just so you know, there will NEVER be another husband as incredible as him. (Jim from The Office is a close 2nd but he doesn't compare to Ben.) I hope you can see why he is my favorite character ever and can love him as much as I do. He cannot be beat.