Things to do when you visit Chicago

I Got A Job To Work In Chicago For Three Days And On My Last Day, I Was A Total Tourist

I still don't get why they call it the windy city.

16
@ellyydonado

So I got a freelance job over the last week and it brought me to the midwest. So, as an east coast chick, I got curious and on my last day, I did a bit of touristy things! Then as I got on the flight back home, I started thinking about everything fun and touristy I did that day. So what this means basically is, I gathered up a decent list of things you should do if you're ever like me and land there for a few days with about 6 hours to spare.

So, while I was aimlessly walking around downtown Chicago after I checked out of my hotel the very first thing I stumbled on what was the Chicago riverwalk! No, I don't remember what street it was exactly but you can just google how to find it but it is a must-see! You literally are walking around the river that crosses through the city and you see boats going by and the sun sparkling on the water. It's probably the most beautiful thing in the city, I can not put into words how spectacular the sight was, it's just something you have to see for yourself.

Another thing to do with the riverwalk is to go up top and stand over the bridge that well, hovers over the river! I spent a good 30 minutes standing over, looking at the view and waving to the people on the boats passing by. Having them all wave back was pretty epic.

Millennium Park is the next stop! When you're done walking down the riverwalk, you should trot over towards millennium park! Yes, this is where the super famous bean is but that's not why we are headed there, well at least not yet. When you're finally in the part, you need to climb up a set of stairs to get to the outdoor theater! When you get there, you'll see well obviously the hundreds of chairs and the huge stage! While I was there, I happened upon a free concert by a local singing group and orchestra! I mean, it was kinda by chance that they were throwing a free concert but I'm telling you it was quite the show! I mean. if I was feeling homesick, they cured it by performing all of the classic Disney songs. It was magical.

Ok, next stop the beaaaaannnnnn. Yes, the spot where literally every person on the planet who has ever visited Chicago has gone. The one you see all over Instagram and Pinterest and all over the Chicago souvenir shop. To be honest, at first, I was like "ooooooo, ahhhhhh" because, well it's a big shiny bean in the middle of the park. Then, when you walk up to it, you still kind of have the ooo, ahh feeling, but then you get a really good look at it and it clicks that it's really crowded. I mean, maybe it's because it was a beautiful day outside and it was kind of impossible not to go out and enjoy the day...but the fingerprints all over the bean and loads of people crowded around it just to get a picture of their reflection in it. I left after about 2 minutes. So, I'd say if you're planning on going to see the bean, don't get too excited. It's a mirror in the shape of a bean.

Welp, after that I grabbed some lunch at veggie grill and headed back over to the airport to head on home. Those few hours I had to be a tourist really was so much fun, and If you ever find yourself in town, I hope you retrace my steps and maybe even add a couple of your own!

Happy travels!