Being Mindful

Being Mindful

It is difficult to start, but here are some beginner tips!

5
Being Mindful
The Rubin

Everyday when we wake up, our mind starts to spiral out of control. If you're like me, it even spirals in your dreams. We have a way of worrying about our past - feeling regret, feeling sadness and missing things. We have a way of wishing we did things differently or just simply obsessing over past events or people. We also have a tendency of worrying about our future. We feel anxious about upcoming events. We stress out about our agendas and our timeline. We worry so much about the past and the future we never focus on the present. These focuses are called delusions that we are attached too. We attach ourselves to emotions and we suffer from delusions when we crave and desire things, such as changing the past and figuring out the future.

The goal however, to fix the fog in your head, is mindfulness. If you are able to focus on the now, the present day, the right here, then you will worry less of your past and your future. You will regret less and feel anxiety less, and the right now will be better. It is difficult to keep your mind trained enough to stop it form wandering around your timeline. This is why most people perform meditation, it is the greatest way of gaining and practicing mindfulness. The quality of being aware of your own conscience sounds difficult, I know, but being aware of your on mind, is controlling it and here are some simple tasks to practice in order to make your mindfulness a little bit easier to achieve.

1. Practice Paying Attention To Your Actions

Complete tasks with all of your attention on that task in the moment, if it helps, talk yourself through the steps of the task in your head. You will realize that you've been focused on this one, present thing for a while. This is a good practice for your mind to be here. After keeping your mind present becomes easier you can practice keeping it here while doing less and less complicated actions until you can simply do it while resting.

2. Live In The Moment

Be here in the now, its takes a lot of practice, but enjoy what is going on around you. Pay attention to what you see and enjoy it. This will help keeping you mind still. In order to enjoy the now, you have to do things you enjoy doing on a daily basis. Don't worry about anything but this moment.

4. Stop Your Delusions

Whenever you find yourself wondering off into the past, or out into the future, come back. Train yourself to catch yourself wondering. Have complete control of your mind and do not allow it to attach to any delusions. Understand that it is so normal to dwell and worry, but try your best not too, this will allow you to stay at peace.

5. Don't Cling To Your Emotions

Don't wish for things too much. Try to be satisfied with what is happening right now, don't worry about the bad. Do not judge yourself, just remain. When we think about things that are good and bad we attach our minds to more delusions to worry about. Surround yourself with acceptance and allow yourself to accept. Try not to be so distracted and don't take too much too seriously.

6. Meditate

This is a complicated task for some. I always found it easier to participate in guided mediation to start. You can find recordings and Audio all over the internet. Using guided mediation allows you to control you mind, and wonder from all of your worries into a state of awareness, but it can be done without having complete control of your mind...which most beginners battle with.

7. Feel Your Senses

Be aware of what you see, hear, feel, smell and taste because all these senses are here and now. These sudden senses are in the present and being aware of them is being aware of your surroundings and your present. Feeling your senses will allow you to come to some kind surrounding peace and put you at rest.

8. Walk, Eat, Sleep, Breath and Pause Mindfully

Try to keep your breathing controlled, especially when trying to meditate. Your breathing controls so much of your mind and body. Try to control it while you walk and try to walk at a steady pace. It is rhythmic activities that lead to a focused mind. A man once reached enlightenment from washing the dishes because it was so routine! Chew your food properly and be patient with it, do not rush. Try to chew consistently. Fall asleep breathing gently and routinely, try to sleep on a schedule. Keep your life as patient and routine as possible.

Remember, there is no one feeling or way of mindfulness. You do it your way, you will know you are doing it right when you feel lighter than before you started when your burdens leave your shoulders.