Learn To Love Yourself First

Learn To Love Yourself First

No person - whether it be your boyfriend or even a friend - should ever continuously make you feel anything less than important.
10

When you're young you read and hear all about how love is a magical thing that everybody wants and craves. You'll be told that having a man by your side will make you feel complete and beautiful. But, what they don't tell you is that if you don't learn to love yourself, you will only be accepting the love that you think you deserve.

Think back to a time when you let someone you love bring you down and make you feel inferior. Was it because you did something wrong, or was it simply just because they did not have the best day and just needed someone to relieve their stress on?

Now that you thought about that time, did you stand up for yourself, or did you continue to let it happen over and over convincing yourself that it was all your fault? If you spend long amounts of time crying and feeling sorry for yourself because of how someone you love is treating you and refuse to do anything about it, then chances are you don't love yourself as much as you thought that you did.

No person - whether it be your boyfriend or even a friend - should ever continuously make you feel anything less than important. Everyone is beautiful and smart in their own way. So next time someone tries to make you feel worthless, stand up to them. You will never be happy in a relationship if you can't step back and see the beauty within yourself. Once you learn how to do so, someone will come along and appreciate you for what you're worth and love you endlessly.

“The most exciting, challenging and significant relationship of all is the one you have with yourself. And, if you find someone to love the you that you love, well, that’s just fabulous.” -Carrie Bradshaw