Because I Said "No" I Was Attacked: Part 2

Based On A True Story

16
What's New World?!

I was sitting there waiting for him to come and pick me up from the bus stop. I was thinking about all the beautiful jewelry that I was going to be adorned within just 24 hours. I was thinking about the beautiful red saree that I will be draped around me and the dupatta that will be clipped with my hair. I was thinking about how beautiful I was going to look when all the ornaments and makeup was going to be put on me. I was thinking about how long both of us waited for this day. I was thinking about him. When suddenly someone threw something liquidy that was burning into the pores of my skin. I started to scream on top of my lungs. I fell to the ground asking for help but no one came to rescue. Then I heard someone calling my name and I knew right then that it was him. My man. I called his name, shouted his name. He was scared. I saw the look on his face and he was scared, terrified. He took me in his arms and took me to the hospital. On our way to the hospital, I fainted and had no clue to what happened from the moment he put me in his arms to the hospital. I had no idea what they did. Nothing. Hours passed and I still remained unconscious. I knew my family and friends were really worried but I had no idea why I was unable to open my eyes or become conscious again. Then a few hours later I regained my conscious and looked around the room for him. I called his name and instead, my parents and siblings approached to me asking me how I was. I looked at my parents and asked them what happened to me. They exchanged looks and then my brother told me...I had acid thrown at my face. I wanted to scream, cry out loud. I was frustrated. Why would anyone do this to me?

Right then and there I was depressed because I knew he would never come back for me because I got ugly. My face was burned and my skin was drooping down my face. I was so mad. I kept asking my mom for him and she kept trying to calm me down. Fail. How on earth could I stay calm? How?

A few hours passed and I just sat with my chin on my knees thinking about who could have done such a horrendous act when I hear a knock on my door. It was the police. They wanted my statement. They wanted to know what happened and I no answers. I looked at them, stared at them and I think it was freaking them out. Then I told them how when I was waiting for my fiance at the bus stop someone came from nowhere on a bike and threw acid on me and that's all I knew. They asked if I had any enemies and I said no not really. They repeatedly kept asking me and I kept saying no. They then said they would come back tomorrow and left me thinking who could’ve done it. I tried to put in all my strength to think who could've done this and not one single person was ringing the bell in my head. Hours passed and I kept wondering. But then I remembered. It was him, the other him.

There was a guy when I was in high school that asked me out and I kept denying his proposal and he kept saying he would do anything to get me. He would not stop annoying me even when my fiance and I were dating. He would send me flowers, chocolates, etc. and it would creep the heck out of me. I would constantly tell him not to do that but he would ignore me. Then one day I told my fiance and he went to the guy's house and beat him up. My fiance told him that if he ever saw him anywhere near me he would kill him. The guy then told my fiance that my fiance would regret what he did and do something terrible.

I immediately called the police and told them who I suspected. They immediately went to his house and found out that he had some acidic materials under his bed and how he was missing. They searched him for days and put tight security by my hospital room. I was so sad because my man had left me and was never coming back. At least, that is what I thought.

When I woke up the next morning I saw that he was sitting next to me. I jumped up and just stared at him. I quickly turned my face and told him to go away. He asked why and I said because I am ugly and how he had not been around for the past couple of days. He turned my face and looked at me. You are not ugly, you are beautiful. I do not care how your face looks. You may think that I liked you for how you look but sadly no, I like, no I LOVE you for who YOU are. Remember I told you when I first saw you I started to like you because of what you did. I then looked at him and asked why he had not come to see me. And he said that the reason why was because he knew I would act like this and so before he came to see me he wanted to capture the culprit and he did. The guy who threw acid on my face was caught. My fiance caught him. He thrashed the guy and then handed him over to the police. He then told the guy that because of what he did was sick and how he would never live a peaceful life. And when the guy told him years ago how my fiance was going to end up regretting his decision he told the guy that he loves me for who I am and forever will. I started crying and he gave me a huge hug. He then grabbed a vermillion case and put vermillion in the mid-line of my hair. We were officially married. I could not believe that he married me even though I had acid thrown at my face.

Not every story has a happy ending but there are some parts of every single human beings story that have a happy story whether it be in the beginning middle or end. Live your life to the fullest. No matter how you look, remember you are a beautiful person inside.