I Completed A 6 Week Workout Program During Quarantine And I Have Never Felt Better About My Body

Here I was thinking this was going to be easy because I did one boxing workout once on YouTube.

13
https://www.instagram.com/10roundsprogram/

I have always had a terrible relationship with my body, and with food. I always thought that was the way it was going to be, almost like the way it had to be. Then one day, I decided that I was ready to take matters into my own hands. I signed up for Beachbody and I committed. I committed to a six week boxing program, and here is how it went:

Week 1

Going into Week 1 I thought, "This is going to be easy. I already did the sample workout and it was a lot of fun." And Week 1 was a lot of fun, but it was also challenging. There were days where I thought that I was not going to make it through the workout. Day 3 I began to feel a little discouraged because I was having a hard time remembering my 1s and 2s and was getting overly frustrated over something that I didn't need to be frustrated about. So I took a moment, took a deep breath, and really began to pay attention, watch the instructor, and focus on my form rather than speed. While I finished Week 1, I felt so sore on Saturday and I hoped that the soreness would eventually go away the longer I did these workouts (Spoiler: They___)

Week 2

I went into Week 2 with more of an ease than I did with Week 1. I don't know if it was because I had a better idea of what to expect my workouts to look like, if it was my body's way of adjusting, or a combination of the two. But I was defintly much more at ease during Week 2 and the 40 minute workouts did not feel like they were 40 minutes long. On Day 1 of Week 2, I was shocked to see that I was getting close to the end of my workout. I will be the first to admit that I still struggled during this week, but felt that I pushed through it easier and had more fun with it. It's fun, I get the moves, but it also still challenges me. I am excited to see what Week 3 has in store for me.

Week 3

Week 3 started off on the wrong foot. Monday morning rolled around and I just did not feel good at all. I pushed through my workout, but I wish that I had not of that day. Only because I wish I would have really listened to what my body needed at that moment in time. Staying consistent in your health journey isn't just about working out and eating the right things, but also about listening to your body when it is screaming at you that you need to rest. That is one thing I want to work at as I continue in this program, and others. This was the week where I felt that maybe I had lost some weight, but I wasn't sure because I did not weigh myself. When I started out on this journey, I wanted to base it all around how is this making my body feel, because that is what was going to keep me coming back.

Week 4

Week 4. In the name of transparency, I did not put 100% effort into it. I don't know what was going on with me, but I knew I wasn't feeling it and I knew I wasn't really showing up for myself. So I took a step back, and decided to re-do the whole week. I am leaving week 4 the second time around much happier with the effort I put in than I was the first time around, and as a program that builds on itself, I knew that I was not ready to move onto the next week. So I pushed through and did it again, and I am really happy I did. My attitude was better and I actually nailed the moves the second time around. It was good for me to step back, recognize that I didn't put in 100% effort, and do it again.

Week 5

Week 5 has probably been my favorite week so far. I learned about pivots within boxing and it just added a whole new element to what I had already learned and I really enjoyed the pivots. The pivots brought a new level of fun and intensity. A new move was honestly what I needed to keep pushing forward in my program.

Week 6

Week 6 was so much fun! We worked on putting everything together that we had learned over the last 5 weeks and sped it up. It was challenging, but so much fun. Just like this program!

Overall, I honestly loved the program. While I did not see the sale move, I definatly noticed that my clothes were fitting better and I was feeling happier and more confident in myself!