Why You Should Be A Personal Counselor

Why You Should Be A Personal Counselor

Open your heart and listen

52
Why You Should Be A Personal Counselor
Photo by Bonnie Kittle

Often I sit wonder, how do I support someone who is going through much more than I have ever imagined?

I have a compassionate spirit and want to use this to the best of my ability, it's a God given talent that is necessary.

I am a listener, I enjoy hearing stories, offering support and being a person that so many need. I connect by hearing others stories, I truly thrive on being a listener. But what comes next, sometimes people need more than just a listener. Or sometimes being an ear is so much to just one single person.

Be A Listener

A mission of mine in life is to be a listener. I am now determined to take the informant personality to improve the spirits of those around me. I want to me more than an ear for those I come in contact with, I want to assist in excelling them to their next level, get them through a trying situation, build them higher.

Professionally

I often hear testimonials on individuals searching for a career change or desiring to become involved in the community, I can now do more than just listen to them. With the knowledge I have gained in the past six months, I am available to provide opportunities and build lasting relationships.

Personally

In the personal aspect, going above and beyond for the individual can be a little difficult. Situations may expose people at their most vulnerable mindset, closing off and resisting direction. I have experienced this, but positively experienced the gratefulness from the individual. It’s worth it for you and for them.

To make this all possible, I believe prayer and trust in the Lord are essential. Exposing yourself to be a listener relies on trust and confidence from the individual and yourself, but will have lasting impact.

Be a counselor, it’s needed more that you know.