Be Patient, God Has Someone Special Waiting For You

No matter how much you think there isn't someone out there for you, there truly is.

979
Instagram

I would say that being in a relationship with someone since the age of 16 is quite different than any other type of relationship. You mature and grow so much as a person within the next couple years of your life and sharing that with someone else is so special. They typically know you better then you know yourself and can hundred percent say that they loved you from the very beginning.

When I first met him, I had braces and like anyone with so many failed past relationships, I was scared to open up. I didn't know myself at the time and was absolutely terrified of getting into another relationship that would probably end in heartbreak.

My relationships before him all ended very badly with lots of tears and a constant heartache. I was tired of feeling depressed and like I wasn't good enough for anyone. I didn't believe in love or have hope in men, guarding my heart and being persistent on letting no one in.

At that point in my life, I spent most of my time in the gym trying to better myself and feel comfortable in my own skin. I didn't care about trying to impress anyone, much less be in any type of relationship that I assumed would hurt me in the long run. I had stopped looking and decided that all I wanted was to learn to love myself, because you have to love yourself before you can love anyone else.

Out of nowhere, I met a guy and I wasn't sure how I felt about him. I was still so against dating and opening my heart to anyone. However, he was very persistent and eventually I decided that I might as well give him a chance.

From the very beginning, he treated me like a queen always bringing me on dates and pampering me. I had never been treated well like that by any guy before, so I wasn't really sure how to act or go about things. It was so different to me and it was like God brought him into my life to show me that I was worthy of someone special. That I was good enough and that all the previous guys were nothing compared to what I had waiting for me the whole time. God had been saving him for me and was waiting till I was emotionally ready to bring him into my life.

I believe that there is someone like this for everyone and that when you stop looking, the best ones are brought to you. Every guy that has hurt you and broken your heart is one step closer to the person that won't hurt you.

The person whom will put you on a pedal stool and cherish the person you truly are. God will bring this person into your life when you are ready for them and when that day comes, you'll be praising his holy name every day.

I now have been dating my boyfriend for 3 years since my junior year in high school to now my sophomore year in college, thanking God every day for him.

He may push my buttons like no other, but he makes happier than anyone ever has. He knows me better than I know myself and has loved me through it all, I think that if it wasn't for him than I wouldn't be who I am and where I am in life today. Thank you, God, for giving me the patience and bringing this sweet soul into my life.