19 Bands For Summer Inspiration

19 Bands For Summer Inspiration

Listen to these songs to set the mood for summer.

1042
19 Bands For Summer Inspiration

In times of harsh climates, lack of sunshine and desperate hopes to wear flip flops, sometimes we’re all in need of a little reminder that warmer weather is coming our way. Summertime, the best season of them all, comes with the music that gives you memories dating back to as far as you can remember. The best songs come with some of your best memories, which is probably why we love them so much. The vibes of these musicians give me summer inspiration and excitement for sunshine, sand, warm air, misty sea breeze and a lot of fun.

1. The Beach Boys

The Beach Boys are one of my favorite bands of all time simply because they provide an absolutely “feel-good” type of music. There is probably no better band to listen to to make summer come faster. Even their Christmas songs make me excited for summer. Favorites: Surfin U.S.A., Don’t Worry Baby, California Girls

2. Sugar Ray

Sugar Ray's Californian style is perfectly radiant and up-beat for looking forward to the beachy vibes of the season. Favorites: Every Morning, Fly, Someday

3. Zac Brown Band

My favorite country band. Their music has a soothing Southern feel to make anyone excited for summer all-year-round. P.S., if you haven't been to one of their concerts, I highly recommend it. They are even better live. Favorites: Chicken Fried, Toes, Free

4. The Rolling Stones

This legendary, UK band is one of my favorites just because of their ability to make me feel relaxed yet want to rock out on a drum set at the same time. Favorites: Start Me Up, Beast Of Burden, Gimme Shelter

5. Lynryd Skynryd

The Southern rock band with three of my absolute favorite songs. Lynryd Skynryd screams summertime and puts a smile on my face every time I hear them. Favorites: Sweet Home Alabama, Free Bird, Tuesday’s Gone

6. Billy Joel

Not a band, but he has a very special place on my list. Just about all of Billy Joel's songs remind me of Long Island summers. Perhaps because he's from LI himself. Favorites: Only The Good Die Young, Movin’ Out, New York State Of Mind, The Longest Time

7. Red Hot Chili Peppers

One of my favorite bands during every season and not just for summer, the RHCP give off a feeling that is just purely cool. There really isn't another word I can think of to describe them. The RHCP are in my opinion, one of the coolest bands there is. You can't help but drum along with your fingers on the steering wheel to their songs. Favorites: Can’t Stop, Snow (Hey Oh), Scar Tissue

8. Bob Marley & The Wailers

My all-time favorite reggae band. Bob Marley has shared his Jamaican culture and provided us with some of the most soothing, and happy music that is bound to make anybody smile and sing along. Favorites: Is This Love, Jamming, Could You Be Loved, Roots Rock Reggae

9. Steve Miller Band

The Steve Miller Band is a band with easy going rock songs that will remind me of summer time more than any of the rest. My favorite part of Steve Miller Band are their instrumentals, especially the guitar. Favorites: Rock’n Me, The Joker, Jet Airliner

10. Aer

Aer spreads the best vibes you can imagine. My best friends and I are so excited when the skies are clear, the sun is out and breeze is fresh because when the air is warm with just the right amount of crisp, it's Aer season. Favorites: Floats My Boat, Feel I Bring, Spades Clubs & Diamonds

11. Eagles

The smooth-rock that the Eagles perform is so fitting for the summer. Their voices and instrumentals are essentially perfect for capturing the nature of warm weather. Favorites: Hotel California, One Of These Nights, New Kid In Town

12. Fleetwood Mac

Fleetwood Mac is another band whose vocals and instrumentals feel so natural and pure that they perfectly highlight the essence of summertime. A band so unique, which is one of the reasons why they are an all-time favorite of mine. Favorites: Dreams, Go Your Own Way, Landslide

13. Van Morrison

Van Morrison's peaceful music is something so relaxing and fitting for summertime. Between his soothing voice and acoustic guitar, his songs are absolutely perfect for day dreaming about summer. Favorites: Brown Eyed Girl, Into The Mystic, Domino

14. Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers

Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers, as well as Tom Petty as a solo artist, give us some of the best rock and roll songs to sing along to and enjoy the brilliant guitar melodies. Favorites: Free Fallin’, I Wont Back Down, American Girl

15. Third Eye Blind

Third Eye Blind's music gives me summer inspiration because of their soft- style of rock. It reminds me of soft, warm air and summer sun. Favorites: Semi-Charmed Life, Jumper, Never Let You Go

16. Sublime

The unique sounds of the California natives that make up Sublime will forever put me in a summer mood. Their mix between alternative and a sort of reggae rock is just so appropriate for the season. Favorites: Doin’ Time, What I Got, Santeria

17. The Killers

The Killers have a style of rock to sing along to and jam out to the guitar and drum solos. The first time I heard one of my absolute favorite songs, Mr. Brightside, was several years ago when I was in the car with my dad. It came on the radio and he told me it was one of his favorites. It soon became one of mine, and now they are one of my favorite bands to blast in the car, windows down, with my friends in the summertime. Favorites: Mr. Brightside, Somebody Told Me, When We Were Young

18. Bob Seger & The Silver Bullet Band

Bob Seger is important to my list because his CDs (along with Steve Miller Band) are what my mom put on in the car rides out to Montauk every weekend in the summer growing up. This band will always provide me with the most vivid summer memories. Favorites: Old Time Rock and Roll, Night Moves, Mainstreet

19. Jimmy Buffet

Another solo musician, Jimmy Buffet, gives us the ideal summer songs from the lyrics to the instruments that give off the tropical feel to his music that is most definitely essential for your summer inspiration. Favorites: Come Monday, Cheeseburger in Paradise, Margaritaville