9 Things We All Know Going Back To School, As Told by Disney

Back to school is upon us and there is no better way to describe it than with Disney characters.

7
Flickr Creative Commons

It's that time of year again, every college student is gathering at Target and Bed, Bath and Beyond, and the lines are ridiculous. While most of us are excited to be heading back to school, a few may feel slightly sad to be leaving home. Either way, you can relate to some familiar Disney characters on the highs and lows of getting back to college.

1. You just can't contain your excitement to be back at school with all your friends and sorority sisters.

2. Your room starts to become a mess as you start to decide what you should and shouldn't bring.

You wonder how does one person own so many T-shirts, and sadness fills you as you realize not every item in your closet can be brought with you.

3. Then it is time to go back to school shopping, you and your mom go to Target and you pretty much buy everything in sight and wonder how you ended up with an $800 bill, and you still haven't even bought new clothes or shoes yet.

4. The endless amounts of packing.

It seems like all you do is pack, and it seems like the mess in your room just keeps on taking up every inch of the floor. You don't know what to bring and if your bringing too little or too much, and the days till leaving just keep getting closer. You think to yourself do I need to pack 10 mugs, do I really need eight pairs of heels, are my 50 childhood stuffed animals really gonna be useful? Exhaustion takes over and you decide to just take a nap.

5. The days are going by quickly, you and your best friends from home decide to meet one last time for your goodbyes.

It is one big reunion filled with laughter, way too much food, and very bad dancing.

6. All of a sudden the excitement you had subsides, and you are overwhelmed with sadness.

Saying goodbye to your mom and your best friends never gets easier, even the third time around is still way too hard. You cry your eyes out and you still have a few days left till the final goodbye.

7. It's your last two days, you eat everything your parents make, because you know to cherish a well-cooked home meal when you can barely make microwaveable mac and cheese.

Your hometown friend and you hit up your favorite restaurant one last time because it is going to be a while.

8. The day has come you are leaving home for your other home, and the sadness is still there but now you can't wait to leave.

You think about all the freedom and great memories you'll make with your friends, and you know that your mom is just one phone call away.

9. The final stage about going back to school is the drive there, and if you live as far as I do from school this about describes your feelings toward the drive.

So that's it, everyone. Remember to have an amazing semester, be positive, drive safe, and in the words of Cinderella "Have courage and be kind."