Sorry, But Your Bachelor Party Isn't Your Last Free Night

Your Bachelor Party Is Not An Excuse To Cheat

You're still in a long-term, committed relationship.

160
Photo by Ben Konfrst on Unsplash
Wolf Of Wall Street | Paramont Pictures

I've always thought the stereotypical portrayal and concept of bachelor parties are idiotic. Getting married changes your life forever, so of course "one last night with the guys" makes sense, but where I draw the line is where a night of guys spending time together transforms into strippers and strip clubs.

Sorry boys, but your bachelor party isn't your "last night of freedom," so there's no point in you trying to come up with an excuse to validate cheating or other acts that would potentially harm your relationship before you even get married.

The way bachelor parties are treated in today's day and age makes it seem like your fiancé getting a drunken lap dance from some girl his buddies hired totally okay. That it's okay for him to get blackout drunk, make mistakes, and promise as a group of guys to never tell you what happened that night.

Well, it's not. It's a damn good way to get your wedding canceled, though.

It's still cheating. Guys, you know without a shadow of a doubt in your mind that on any other day, your bride-to-be would lose her mind if you so much as had another girl's ass in your face, and rightfully so. The night before your wedding should be a time where you and your best guy friends all hang out, drink some beers at the bar, and have a good time. It shouldn't be a time where your best friends try to sabotage your relationship and you go along with it.

You're still in a relationship. If you're about to get married, odds are it's a pretty serious and long-term one. You didn't drop all that money on a ring just to luge beer out of a stripper's breasts right before your fiancée walks down the aisle.

You should care more about your relationship than to be okay with throwing it all away for one night. This isn't The Hangover, you're not Bradley Cooper, so don't think you have to have one last crazy night where shit hits the fan.

You and your guy friends are still going to be friends after you have a ring on your finger. Getting married doesn't mean your wife is going to throw you down into a cellar and lock you away, never letting you have fun ever again. It's a loving, committed partnership.

You don't want to start off a marriage with regret, so don't be an idiot at your bachelor party. Your best friends should know better than to try and ruin your relationship right before the biggest milestone in it occurs. If they really try to screw you over by threatening your relationship, they're not really your friends. You don't have to stick dollar bills in a stripper's thong to have a good time together as guys, and you definitely shouldn't be doing that if you're in a committed relationship, no matter the occasion.

You're an individual with free will, but you're not a single man. Don't act like one unless you want to be one.