As COVID-19 pandemic has swept throughout the world, pushing people to isolate and quarantine themselves to prevent possible infection or to infect others, it has caused all of our lives to shift drastically. For those of us that incorporate exercise into our daily routines, the pandemic has certainly put a hold on that, but through some workout tips/tricks/hacks, you can get a decent workout in, and keep yourself less bored while staying home to preserve your health.
Just a chair...that's it
Chairs are great for a good, upper body, compound workout. You can use a chair for tricep dips, and if you have two chairs and feel comfortable, place your feet on the other chair and do your dips like that. Placing your hands on the sides of the seat and feet on the ground and doing pushups that way is great for your lower chest, and doing the opposite, placing feet on the seat and hands on the ground, is a great upper chest exercise. Doing all of this, plus regular pushups is a great upper body circuit routine.
A grocery bag
If you have a reuse-able grocery bag and put virtually anything weighted in it, like multiple water bottles, food, paperweights, etc. there is your substitute for a conventional dumbbell! It's great for bicep curls, triceps extensions when placed behind the head, and lateral shoulder raises, and you can adjust the weight when needed.
You can use a towel in many ways for various exercises. Sitting on the ground, hooking the towel on your feet and pulling with your arms can act as a substitute row for your back. Standing up, hooking the towel around one foot and in one hand, you can do biceps or monkey rows and shoulder shrugs and even go behind the head again for tricep extensions. Keep in mind, workouts with a towel rely more so on the tension that you create for your muscles.
Hope these little hacks help you relieve boredom and get in a decent workout!
- 8 Reasons Not To Worry Too Much About Coronavirus ›
- 13 Good News Stories About People Responding To The Coronavirus ›
- Colton Underwood Has Tested Positive For Coronavirus ›
- Vanessa Hudgens' Coronavirus Instagram Video Is Dangerously ... ›
- The Ultimate Coronavirus Quarantine Survival Kit ›
- 11 Workouts You Can Do At Home ›
- 10 Ways To Deal With Your Coronavirus Anxiety ›
- How I'm Handling the Coronavirus Scare ›
- 12 Encouraging Stats About The Coronavirus ›
- 10 YouTube Workouts You Can Do At Home ›
- At-home workout to avoid cabin fever during the coronavirus outbreak ›
- Gyms are live streaming workouts during the coronavirus outbreak ›
- Waiting out the coronavirus? Here are 4 workouts you can do at home ›
- Your coronavirus emergency kit: Five workouts to do at home ... ›
- 6 small-space home workout equipment options for coronavirus ... ›
- Exercising During Coronavirus: Can I Jog? Is That Water Fountain ... ›
- Free online workouts available during the coronavirus quarantine ›
- Coronavirus: How to exercise while staying at home - BBC News ›
- Coronavirus: Arnold Schwarzenegger shared his home bodyweight ... ›
- Coronavirus: How to work out, exercise at home during a quarantine ... ›