3 Home Workout Hacks while in Self-Quarantine

Odds are your local gym is closed and you're itching to get a workout in, hopefully these tips will help!

4

As COVID-19 pandemic has swept throughout the world, pushing people to isolate and quarantine themselves to prevent possible infection or to infect others, it has caused all of our lives to shift drastically. For those of us that incorporate exercise into our daily routines, the pandemic has certainly put a hold on that, but through some workout tips/tricks/hacks, you can get a decent workout in, and keep yourself less bored while staying home to preserve your health.

Just a chair...that's it

Chairs are great for a good, upper body, compound workout. You can use a chair for tricep dips, and if you have two chairs and feel comfortable, place your feet on the other chair and do your dips like that. Placing your hands on the sides of the seat and feet on the ground and doing pushups that way is great for your lower chest, and doing the opposite, placing feet on the seat and hands on the ground, is a great upper chest exercise. Doing all of this, plus regular pushups is a great upper body circuit routine.

A grocery bag

If you have a reuse-able grocery bag and put virtually anything weighted in it, like multiple water bottles, food, paperweights, etc. there is your substitute for a conventional dumbbell! It's great for bicep curls, triceps extensions when placed behind the head, and lateral shoulder raises, and you can adjust the weight when needed.

A towel

You can use a towel in many ways for various exercises. Sitting on the ground, hooking the towel on your feet and pulling with your arms can act as a substitute row for your back. Standing up, hooking the towel around one foot and in one hand, you can do biceps or monkey rows and shoulder shrugs and even go behind the head again for tricep extensions. Keep in mind, workouts with a towel rely more so on the tension that you create for your muscles.

Hope these little hacks help you relieve boredom and get in a decent workout!