I Asked 8 Girls About Their First Kiss Story And Surprise! They're All Uncomfortable

My first kiss went a little like this.

245

There are few milestones in our lives that are more over-hyped than our first kiss. With that comes a lot of pressure, because we want it to be a super romantic story to look back on. Some of us are not so lucky. Like, not even a little bit lucky.

Here are eight girls' worst first kiss stories.

1. A whole lot of build-up for...that?

"I was in 6th grade and I had just started dating my boyfriend who was a 7th grader at the time (Gasp! The drama that caused dating out of grades). My brother had to stay after school for a music lesson, so I was stuck staying late too. My boyfriend asked his mom to pick him up late so he could stay with me and we could hold hands. It was a beautiful spring day, so we took a walk around our campus — I went to a K-12 school so we had a huge campus — and we stopped by a tree. That was when he leaned in for a kiss and TOTALLY MISSED. He ended up kissing right next to my lips, but not quite to the cheek. It was awkward."

2. Get excited for the next family reunion.

"I was sleeping over at my cousin's house and he had one of his friends sleeping over that night. When my cousin fell asleep, we ended up “making out” on the couch in the bonus room. Little did we know, he WASN'T asleep and got so mad at us."

3. Enough said.

"I made out to a Bo Burnham special on Netflix."

4. May I have this dance?

"6th grade. Valentine’s Day Dance. I asked my mom permission first. He walked away from me at the dance to go get a hot dog and I couldn’t find him so I texted him to meet me outside. He sat on the back of a bench. I was standing. I leaned in and he got nervous and fell off of the back of the bench into a bush. He stood up, pecked me on the lips and walked home."

5. Boys be afraid.

"It was the summer before my senior year and he kissed me in the driveway. We had just gotten back from a fire department drill and I was sweaty and gross in my "Boys Be Afraid" t-shirt. Afterwards I said, "Okay, see you later!" and ran into my house without another word. That relationship didn't last."

6. I can't think of a more romantic place.

"It was 8th grade behind a bush at a varsity football game and it was a classic disgusting braces-filled slobberfest."

7. Nothing like being elbowed to get in the mood.

"We were watching Grey's Anatomy and he elbowed me really hard (to get my attention) then leaned in BUT MISSED ANYWAY — he got like half of my top lip."

8. Just dive on into that swimming pool.

"I was at DECA State and my friend and I went over to this guy's room to "hang" and one of the guys wanted a kiss on the cheek as we were leaving. As I went in to kiss him on the cheek, he literally turned and I got the wettest kiss ever like it literally felt like a water hose."