The Art of Loving Yourself

The Art of Loving Yourself

The importance of self-love

370
Thought Catalog

There are some days we forget to put ourselves first. It's easy to forget about you. Loving yourself doesn't happen overnight, it takes time and work. Everyone battles with self-love, I am still battling it myself, but I know the importance of practicing it. There are many girls, including myself, who compare ourselves to other women. We believe they're prettier, smarter, or more popular. Let me tell you though honey, that your personality, your flaws, your likes and dislikes, make you beautiful. That is you. That is who you love. You're perfect in your own beautiful way. There are going to be bad days where you're too hard on yourself, or that you will feel like you aren't good enough. But there are going to be good days, where you'll wake up and smile to yourself, feeling confident, and being proud of how far you came. It is not selfish to love yourself, it is not selfish to place yourself first before other people. Remember, whatever decision you choose make sure you're happy. There are wrong ways to love yourself, but there are plenty of right ways. If I can learn to love myself, then I believe that you can too.

Make Your Own Happiness

Focus on your heart, and do what makes you happy. The sooner you realize this, the better off you will be. We only live once, make everyday count. Live life to the fullest. Chase your dreams, make a difference, don't go a day without laughing, live the life that you imagine today. The only person we truly need to love is ourselves. Forgive yourself always. Treat yourself as you would treat a lover. Always keep your head up, and smile.

Treat Yourself With Kindness

Embrace every imperfection you have, the curves, the stretch marks, embrace everything about yourself. Care for yourself, treat yourself. Be kind to your body. You know what you're capable of, so don't give up on your dreams. Be positive, and by living a positive lifestyle, you will be happier all around as a person. Take yourself out on dates, find a passion, find what you love to do. Focus on you. Find yourself as a person.

Good Tribe, Good Vibes

Surround yourself with good people. Friends who will bring you up, not tear you down. Your vibe attracts your tribe, so be happy, be positive, be kind, and you will gain friends who are like that in return. The way you treat yourself, is how others will treat you. Cut out all the negativity in your life, it will only drag down your mood and put you in a negative mindset. Respect yourself enough to walk away from people who only want to hurt you, or bring try to bring you down. You're loved, by your family, your significant other, and your friends. You will always be loved.

No matter what you go through in life, never question whether or not you're good enough, and never question your worth. You're strong, you're bold, you're a dreamer, you're an achiever. I know it's difficult believing in yourself, I know it's difficult loving yourself. You only hold the key to your happiness, nobody deserves your love more than yourself. You have the power to take control of your own life and lead it anyway you want. Wake up every morning, and tell yourself every good quality you have. It'll make you feel good, and you will feel confident. Be inspiring to others, and yourself.

"What's the greatest lesson a woman could learn?"
"That since day one, she's already had everything she needs within herself. It's the world that convinced her she did not."
-rupi kaur