Ariana Grande Not To Blame For Mac Miller Death

It Was NEVER Her Fault

So stop blaming Ariana Grande for the untimely death of Mac Miller.

64

I want to start this post by stating that I understand everything I am about to write is purely an opinion on a current event. I understand that everyone will have their opinion. I would also like to extend my deepest sympathies to Mac Miller's friends and family, to Ariana Grande, and to all of the fans and artists around the world who are mourning the loss of such an influential man.

When I heard the news about the passing of Mac Miller, my heart sank. Yet another young talent was taken from this world far too soon. As more and more reports came out and as I learned his passing was by apparent overdose, I watched with disgust as the conversations started to change. The passing of Mac Miller was distorted from that of a tragedy, of a single act that he alone committed, to a string of reaction after reaction pointing fingers directly at one person: Ariana Grande.

For those who are like me, completely unaware of celebrity relationships, Ariana and Mac Miller dated for a very long time. They wrote and performed songs together and were often seen together. The true depth of their relationship was unknown to the public until Ariana Grande went on record stating the relationship had become "toxic" to her. They broke up before this statement was made.

Let me just interject a bit here for a minute. As someone who has been involved in toxic relationships in the past, the hardest thing to do is to get out. But, it is also the best thing to do. The amount that I suffered holding on to a toxic relationship for months on end is something I still struggle with to this day. Ariana Grande did what was best for her and what she absolutely had every right to do and got herself out of an unhealthy situation. This was probably her best option to ensure personal growth and mental/emotional health. She should not be burdened with having to sacrifice parts of herself to save someone.

After the news of Mac Miller's broke, the grief and shock set in and was quickly followed by people using Ariana Grande's break up with Mac Miller as a way to blame her for his death. Some posts I have seen have also included Ariana Grande's knowledge of his addiction problem. I do not know the extent of what she knew or the extent of their contact after their break up. I do not know if they were on good or bad terms. But, none of this would matter anyway.

Ariana Grande was allowed to act for herself (as I said before) when she ended a toxic relationship. It does not matter who that relationship was with, what matters is that it was detrimental for her to continue being in that relationship. The conversation should stop there. Mac Miller ultimately acted of his own accord.

One of the things I have learned over the years is you cannot help people who do not want to be helped. In the end, if Mac Miller did not want to be helped, if he did not want to be saved, if he was going down a path he had chose for himself and was not trying to turn back, then this ending, no matter how upsetting, sad, heartbreaking it truly is, is an ending he wrote for himself. I am not one to say what he would have wanted or not, but I truly believe no one is at fault and no one is to blame for an overdose. Mac Miller was an influential man but Ariana Grande was not his savior and is not and never will be responsible for his death.